Working with clients, best practices please

Hey guys, What is the right way to work with customers: should we work locally in our monday platform and after we complete boards for them, transfer them to clients? Or maybe we should work directly for them in a workspace where we do all the requested boards for them?
Thank you

I know you will hate this answer, but it depends.

Depending on what your business is, how you generally interact with customers and what you use monday for.

The good news is, there is no “best way”, just what works best for you and your clients.

For example, I work in project management in the IT sector. In my line of work I use Monday as a combination of many things:
Kick- Off Tool and Jour Fixe Board
Gantt Chart and Work Breakdown Schedule
Managing absences and issues
Communications on work packages,
etc.

As you can see, I like to use it as a PM tool while also using it as a communications board to enable transparency for my clients while we can interactively work on a project together, see progress and can quickly tackle issues together or start escalation processes.

Usually I set up some custom boards regarding the needs of the customer and project and then finetune them depending on the client’s needs and requests, so it can grow naturally.

But again, that is just my way of working with the tool. :wink: Hope this was in any way helpful to you.

2 Likes

Thank you for you advice.