"Write updates via email" link on pulse

We “write updates via email” extensively.

It’s an excellent feature for us and helps us keep all backup information for each task in one central place in Monday and in context.

Several of our team members have commented that they’d like to have the email link visible on the pulse/item on the board to save having to click into the Update then click twice again to copy the item’s email link:

Step 1: image

Step 2: image

That’s lots of redundant clicking for us every day.

We’d like to see something like:

Then we would not even have to go into the Updates slideout pane- which we usually don’t need to do when we’re just organising info and sifting through emails.

Could be a toggle in Settings to enable/disable it for those who don’t need it.

6 Likes

I’m also a heavy user of the pulse email link. Would be very handful to have this shortcut!

2 Likes

Please notice that sharing updates via emails doesnt send attached files and responses to the updates. This requires to be solved too.

6 Likes

Please notice that sharing updates via emails doesnt send attached files

You mean attachments to emails?

We get them in Monday Updates when sending emails using Outlook.

No, No. What i was saying is an additional subject.
I was saying … sharing update via email button
when you share the update via this button, only work with text written, not work with attached files or the responses to the updates.

3 Likes

Just refreshed myself on a little workaround I discovered a few months ago about the Status column: add an update via the Status box by clicking the little plus (+) sign in the top RHS corner.

3 Likes

when you share the update via this button, only work with text written, not work with attached files or the responses to the updates.

Got you. Thanks @hlopezvc

I would love this update! Maybe something you could toggle on an off through the admin setting or a setting attached to a board.

My idea is something like this:

I think this would help out A LOT of teams who don’t have a way to integrate their email to Monday yet. Right now, my team would rather just not track stuff in Monday because the process of clicking into the pulse to get the pulse email is so tedious.

3 Likes

I’m having problems with this too. I was hoping to use the “share update” (via email) feature to easily include the client in conversations that automatically get logged in the updates in Monday but that doesn’t seem to be possible. It only includes responses from me, not the client, so the entire conversation isn’t being logged which seems pointless. Is there a workaround?

3 Likes

I really like the share update via email, but would it be possible for the Share Update box where I have to input the email to automatically pull the email address from by board? I have to remember to copy the email before I write the update. Otherwise, I’m clicking in the update, clicking back out and then locating the email column to copy from. A lot of clicks could be reduced if the box automatically knew to pull in the email column address.

One short term fix would be to expose the URL as a column.

If the email address could be organized like Jira’s that would be awesome.: ItemID_Company_ID@MondayUpdates.com or some thing like that.