Pulse Email Integration - Copy Pulse Email Address

One of the powerful features I enjoy with Pulse is the ability for me to forward an email to a specific Pulse so that it’s added to our notes. What is cumbersome, is having to remember the Pulse ID and then adding it to the “complicated” unique email address.

What would be nice is if there was a Pulse Context Menu item that allowed us to quickly copy to the clipboard a specific Pulse’s email address.

This would then result in the following email address in the users clipboard for easy pasting into their Email client. This email address would be in the context of the logged in users ID.

pulse-1232132131-A1B1C1D3A3A44AB33__5555555@mybusiness.monday.com

Attached is a mock of what i’m referring too.

Is this something that maybe is in the future, or could be added for consideration?

msedge_8L9JsDbn7f

2 Likes

Agreed.

See similar previous feature request:

What would be nice is if there was a Pulse Context Menu item that allowed us to quickly copy to the clipboard a specific Pulse’s email address.

I’d be happy for that although I’d prefer to see the email icon on the pulse. More obvious and one less click. Either way, I’d love to see some movement on this feature request.

What is cumbersome, is having to remember the Pulse ID and then adding it to the “complicated” unique email address.

Why do you need to remember the Pulse ID?

Apparently I’m terrible at searching. I tried to see if this was requested by anyone else and couldn’t find anything.

In any case, I was just reading your request, and I had no idea they actually already had a link to copy the email address.

I’ve been doing it the hard way and getting the Pulse ID from the URL, and then manually typing it out in Outlook pasting the ID in to the email address! That’s what I was referring to as “cumbersome”.

I love your idea as well, I’ll take whatever makes it easier.

@kirkdmo

I’ve been doing it the hard way and getting the Pulse ID from the URL, and then manually typing it out in Outlook pasting the ID in to the email address! That’s what I was referring to as “cumbersome”.

Ugh! You poor thing. That’s a hideous workflow.

Glad you’ve now found the email link icon buried in the Updates pane.

Our team loves this feature too and we use it every hour of every day. Putting the email link so it’s visible on the pulse (or in the context menu) would speed us up greatly.

2 Likes

Another idea around this topic that may be useful. Add another column type that displays the unique email address for a pulse with an easy way to copy the address straight from the column.

4 Likes

It’s an option but I’d prefer to avoid extra columns. An extra icon inside the pulse would not consume any extra screen real estate.

1 Like

I could really use this, as we also use some emails for documentation for that task, and a quick easy way to copy the pulse address on my board would be so helpful so I could forward that email as proof on the decision / update made on that task item.