About delayed requests

Hello Monday.com family.

In first place im happy to see your founders taking actions on Covid19 pandemic, thats great and as i response to the email received, im fully support all the contributions done and all the remote working tools that are being implemented.

But certainly being a little critical about delayed feature requests, i need to say this:

1. Its a little bit anoying to see that you are making some improvements on the platform that im not sure if we as users are requesting, or at leaste are fully interested to see done in priority. Some examples:
  • Change item terminology. Recently done.
  • Making improvements on text widget.
  • Emojis enabled.
  1. I mean, this would not be annoying if other most important and massively requested, (voted on by the majority), features are not yet implemented, (IMO). Some examples:
  • Custom (shorter) Pulse identification and prefix defined by User (custom pulse ID)
  • Major fixes and improvements on timetracking column.
  • Fully mirror columns support on automations, mobile App, etc.
  • Fully customization on automations.
  • Fully column support on mobile App.
  • Fully columns support on automations (example today you cant work with formulas)
  • Dashboards - stacked bar still doesnt supports multiple boards.
  • Rollup and mirror columns doesnt support multiple boards linked.
  • Link to items based on selecting items, groups or boards.
  • Email integrations doesnt support sending uploaded archive columns as attachments.
  • Improve dashboards loading time when you are using too many widgets.
  • Improve boards loading time on App when you are using multiple formula columns.
  • Changing a status column value from a formula via automation or the formula itself.
  • Open card view when you click on item´s name instead on update view.
  • Info boxes notification icon.
  • Universal hashtags trough all account.
  • Operate with columns footheader (example numbers or formulas).

I mean, more or less there are many things to improve so that Monday.com improves every day more and more. And with all this need for remote work, the newly released 2020 new features like Monday apps, custom recipes and sub-items, I ask you to go back a bit so as not to forget all these requested features, otherwise we will always only be in one version beta with very good characteristics, and not what I think and I am convinced that it is, that is, a complete solution for all our processes.

As a Monday.com fan, i needed to say this to keep improving!

Hoping this will be considered by the team, cheers.

Hey :slightly_smiling_face:

First off I want to thank you for providing this in-depth feedback :star:. We always appreciate and value honest feedback which helps us move forward and work harder to help teams manage their work better together.

It’s important for us to be transparent about how we make decisions when planning our roadmap. There are a few sources that we use that help us track, monitor and relay our user feedback internally so that we get a well-rounded understanding of what all of our users voice to us. Those sources include: data from feedback in the platform, support tickets, our product consultant and CSM team feedback for larger accounts, user interviews, as well as the community.

The way we prioritize what to take action on depends on many different factors such as how critical is this to our users, how easy and efficient a feature or improvement is to implement, and how impactful it’ll be. Since monday.com is so flexible and customizable, there are many areas to add features and evolve.

I do want to acknowledge that most of the points you’ve mentioned are already being worked on and our development and product teams are already aware of the feedback. We work as fast as we can but we also want to roll these capabilities out right and make sure that they are reliable to our users. We appreciate your patience while we do that!

Thanks so much
Julia :dizzy:

4 Likes

Hi @Julia-monday.com i appreciate your words,
Thank you

2 Likes

I totally agree with this post.
When I heard about the emojis features, I felt very frustrated. My feeling was “Seriously? With so many important features being requested, they are working on adding emojis?”.
My impression was that monday was trying to work on items that would allow more marketability, such as the bazillions of integrations.
I still like you, Monday, just keep working on the important features!! We are waiting on the edge of our seats!!

3 Likes

Hi everone. @Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com.
After 3 months I decided to return to this topic to see how it had progressed in function.
I have seen that several of these functions that I summarized in this topic during these months have been consulted by users to the staff of Monday.com, but in some cases there has been no response.
Surely since I wrote this topic there are new main functions that other users see as necessary to improve, but I will limit myself to those that I had commented opportunely:

• Custom (shorter) Pulse identification and prefix defined by User (custom pulse ID): there is an App solution for this (for a price).

• Major fixes and improvements on timetracking column.: No progress.

• Fully mirror columns support on automations, mobile App, etc.: No progress.

• Fully customization on automations.: No progress. There is solution via Monday Apps (limited to any who can have programming knowledge, or paying a price for an App).

• Fully column support on mobile App. No progress.

• Fully columns support on automations (example today you cant work with formulas): there is an App solution for this (for a price).

• Dashboards - stacked bar still doesnt supports multiple boards.: Solved.

• Rollup and mirror columns doesnt support multiple boards linked.: No progress. This is the one that worries me the most.

• Link to items based on selecting items, groups or boards.: No progress.

• Email integrations doesnt support sending uploaded archive columns as attachments. No progress.

• Improve dashboards loading time when you are using too many widgets. Solved.

• Improve boards loading time on App when you are using multiple formula columns. Optimized.

• Changing a status column value from a formula via automation or the formula itself.: there is an App solution for this (for a price).

• Open card view when you click on item´s name instead on update view.: Accidentally done??? 

• Info boxes notification icon. No progress. From @support they told me that info boxed are no supporte for new optimizations.

• Universal hashtags trough all account. No progress.

• Operate with columns footheader (example numbers or formulas).: No progress.

This two (Rollup and mirror columns doesnt support multiple boards linked/Link to items based on selecting items, groups or boards) are most need on my Company, and i think many Monday.com users that activated multiboard linking alpha version will be thinking the same.-

I hope that there will be an update on any of this.

2 Likes

Just to add few that pains us personaly:
Inability to use linked columns in formulas
Auto ID function, as you mention also
General ability to use linked and mirrored columns in any more “advanced” stuff, automations, when creating new item in diferent board based on item that have linked and mirrored colums even if new board have the same column setup.
Inability to do anything with the first (primary) colimn, you cant use any automations to auto generate names or write something in it, or even make it diferent column type (like auto number or date or anything). There is a lot of use cases where you dont need a textual column as your “primary key” and this makes many use -cases a more of mess than needed because you need to find workarouind what to do with this column.
This is what came to my mind right away. Also all of this things are in my optinion some basic stuff and functionalty that we need and that is already implemented on some other solutions (like Airtable) and works without any problems. Some restrictions that Monday have is really strange.

2 Likes