In other platforms formulas are not a specific column type but a property of the main column types.
It would be nice to have this in monday.com as it would remove a big current roadblock.
How would it work?
- Add a formula property on numeric, text, date columns
- When the property is empty the field works as usual
- When a formula is saved:
- The column become read-only
- New values are calculated for this column
- Values are saved every time they change
- Values would be saved in database, trigger Integrations and be available in API request
I hope it was clear enough, but am willing to clarify.
Synolia (monday.com Platinium Partner)