Add image/photo to a column (similar to People column)

Hello,

I can’t seem to find anything on the forums about this, but would be surprised if I am the first to inquire. Is there a way to add a photo to a column so that it appears just like the people column? For example, I would like to upload a profile photo or a logo for a client. At this time, I am adding them in the info boxes which you have to make a point to go into. I have seen on one of the tutorials where someone had an “Image” column and it was thumbnail photos of cupcakes or the like. I can’t find any column that would allow this so maybe the feature was there initially but for some reason removed?

On that same token, is it possible to add team members or colleagues (again to include their photo) even if they are not part of monday.com? I want it for my own purposes to have a nice clean visual of who is doing what. As far as I can tell, if I add anyone else within my organization, it will send them an email of some sort which I don’t want to happen.

Thanks for your review!

Hello @Jonna,

You can upload a photo or logo using the “Files” column. Just ensure that you upload it as “jpg” or “jpeg” extension and it will be visible.

For the second question, you can convert the board as “shareable” and invite external users to it.
Hope it helps,

On that same token, is it possible to add team members or colleagues (again to include their photo) even if they are not part of monday.com? I want it for my own purposes to have a nice clean visual of who is doing what. As far as I can tell, if I add anyone else within my organization, it will send them an email of some sort which I don’t want to happen.

For the second question, you can convert the board as “shareable” and invite external users to it.

@Jonna Just to clarify. The feature @PedroM mentions with shareable board is only for inviting external guests, meaning people not in your organisation, team or colleagues. Inviting colleagues as guests is against the TOS.

What you can do is invite your colleagues as viewers, which will allow you to use them as assets in monday.com. All you have to do is ask them to register (from the viewer invite) and then turn of all notifications.

Hi @Jonna,

Maybe this is what you need, you can vote there ;):

3 Likes

Is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnail when a jpg is uploaded to the file column? It’s so small, it’s almost not visible. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes @nasmith, monday.com has recently released the possibility to double or triple the size of the items so the images will look bigger. Take a look to this article:
https://monday.com/blog/product/new-item-height-options-pie-chart-updates-and-more/
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Yes, YESSS great idea!!!

Hello @PedroM ,

Can you help me with a trouble? I can’t upload any file on “Files Column”.

The error message is “Adding files is restricted by the board owner”, but I am the board owner and I can’t upload