Image preview in File Column & Kanban View

I think that having a column that could display images (jpg, gif, png, tiff) would be very helpful for creative departments. In the main table view, it would be a thumbnail.

The power would be that in a kanban board style, it could be a main identifier for the pulse. This could also lead to a new gallery style view that would have people be able to see all the images in one location.

Did the file column cover this? I don’t really use it so am not sure

Nope. Files come up as icons including images.

Could not agree more,

We are a furniture production company and each item is one project. At the moment we have over 50 on going projects. But its very hard to tell which project is which. without a thumbnail image for a quick overview. This would be perfect for kanban view as @jfaurbo mentioned.

Also, when clicking on a project on the timeline view, there is a really nice overview of that item. Thanks @monday for that. But it really misses an image. Even on a tablet this would be extremely use-full.

@TheOtherPM the file column supports a preview of low res jpg. But its supper small, it would be great if that could adapt size to lets say a square when opening an item.
As example the green squares on the images…

This would be amazing!

2 Likes

We created a card view as part of the monday Apps Challenge, and are working now to turn it into a standalone app. Perhaps the cards could be adapted for your needs to display images instead of cross linked content in the middle. Something like: Image 2020-09-03 at 1.54.38 PM

Ignore the little scoring boxes in the lower left corner. The cards were designed for prioritizing work with a scoring formula and progress column.

1 Like

Yep, I made a CRM board and I want to see a picture of the customer

1 Like

Yes, really love this idea. In our case we are using Monday boards in some projects as a Sitelist.

See screenshot attached as an example of an Sitelist we use. Every item on the board represents a design from a screen in de app or website we develop. Every item has a link to our Zeplin (in the near future this will be Sketch Cloud) environment.

A visual indication (via the file column) in the board, and a visual indication in the card view in your examples @Sotiris would be awesome. The items would give more ‘meaning’ and understanding of what needs to be worked on.

1 Like

Where can I activate that kind of view for an item, as you have in the image?

Hi @K10 you can check out this topic Pulse Chat Window Layout.
Maybe they can activate a similar view.

@K10
the second image is from the timeline in dark mode on the dashboard.
if you click on the right top there is an option full-screen.
This gives a very nice overview and planning for our company.
Once an item in the time-line is selected you get that overview pop-up.

But it just misses a thumbnail image for a quick project-view/reference.

Most of our projects ar chairs and desks so without an image hard to tell which is which.

Hope to see this soon :wink:

1 Like

Hi! So is there any progress with adding an image file as a preview? It is the most helpful function imho

1 Like

Hi @PolishedGeek

Any progress/news on this?
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hey - is there an update on this. Our social media manager would find this really useful too for planning out content.

1 Like

Hi @jfaurbo,

Thanks for your feedback! We completely revamped our file uploading, file preview + kanban view last quarter. You can now view a thumbnail of files in the file column and get a larger preview by hovering over any of the files.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.39.58 AM

In the Kanban view, under Settings, you can check off Files to see a preview as well!

2 Likes

Hi @michellelam ,

This is amazing! thanks for working on this!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Im implementing the images immediately.

Good work!

2 Likes

YESSS amazing idea! Could anyone point me in the direction of where I can find a tutorial of how to do this? I’ve been fiddling for the last 10 minutes and I can’t seem to figure out how to get the images I am uploading into the ‘file’ section to show as a previous on the cards… thanks!