Adding old emails into contacts

Hi everyone.

New to Monday and trying to add some email history to the contacts I have just added.
I have email integration working fine for anything new occurring but I really need to have the email trails for those contacts as well - otherewise the context of the current new emails is lost!

I have had a really good look around here, and elsewhere and can’t find anything mentioning adding pre-existing emails to contacts.

Hope there is someone out there with an idea as to how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

J.

Hello @jacabus ,

Welcome to the monday community!

What you would need to do is use the Emails and Activities App.

Find extensive details of how to do that here.

Essentially, the app will showcase all activities from the email, even if it precedes the addition of the app.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,
Giannis Koukounas, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Giannis,

Thanks for the swift reply. This is what I understood the case to be - but something in my setup is allowing this.

I have a contact (call him mark) with correct email details etc entered in Monday. When I open E&A’s I see only emails to and from him since I setup him up - yet in my actual Gmail he has 315 emails directly associated to his email address + a couple of dozen cc’d and this is the case across all my contacts!

So I am not sure what is going on?

I am reticent to remove him from the contacts and re-add again in case there is some internal error, as its linked to Deals Accounts etc…

Any ideas of what to do would be welcomed.

J.

Hey @jacabus ,

You could try removing and re-adding the email address, it should not mess up with your workflow.

In any case, I would suggest contacting monday support so they can further look into this.

You can do that either from here or from your account ( big question mark located above your profile icon in the bottom left, then click contact us).

Hope you get this resolved soon!

-Giannis

Thanks Giannis,

Have reached out as you suggest.

Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ

Julian

1 Like

Did you ever get a reply to this on how to sync old emails?