Adding shared projects from another account to your dashboard

Hi All!

I am new to Monday.com, so please do excuse my ignorance and mislabeling!
I am an admin on two accounts, 1 being mine and the other being the studios. When tasks are assigned to employees, I would like for the boards [projects] that they are working on to appear on their Monday.com account / dash. And to not have to switch accounts to the studios account to have overviews of the work.

So if “complete 3D compilation” on “project 005” is assigned to “X” user, that should be displayed on their account and the marking of “task completed” should be adjusted through their account and not the studios. As I have indicated in the image attached, that they can see their shared projects with them in those squares on their account.

I hope that makes sense? :sweat_smile:

Currently anyone can go on to the studios dashboard and make changes and I do not want it happening through the studio account. Is this possible?

And the other question which ties in to this, is, that we have paid for 5 users. Are those 5 users for Admins and users only with unlimited viewers and guests? Do I understand that correctly?

The way I want to structure it is with 2 admins and 3 users.
And invite the users to their associated projects only.

Again, apologies for the ignorance! Tons to learn :slight_smile:

hi @skJAM

Welcome to the community! Accounts in monday.com (mind.monday.com and studios.monday.com) are completely isolated. That is a good thing as we don’t want company1 have access to company2 just because somebody share the same email address.

How guest users count against your user count depends on the version you have. For Pro and Enterprise guest users are not counting against your user count.

Hey Bas!

Thanks for the response and insightful information. We have the PRO version.

Is there a tutorial some where which can explain how to set-up your accounts structure correctly from the get go?

Hey Bas!

Thanks for the response and insightful information. We have the PRO version.

Is there a tutorial some where which can explain how to set-up your accounts structure correctly from the get go?

Edit: I had to repost the question as I see my response did not tag you!

I have another question which I am hoping to pick your brain about.
I want to create an oversight of all our projects. So the board will pull the deadline / “milestone” info from every project and create a gantt. Is this possible through a template?

hi @skJAM

I am not aware of a tutorial how to setup your boards. Your original question was about using different accounts and accounts in monday.com are completely isolated from each other.

If you want to create an overview (or portfolio / master) board I recommend using the Rollup Multiple Boards app. There is a video that explains how this app is setup and helps you to get an overview of all your detailed boards.

Hi @basdebruin.

Thanks for the great response again!
I have found a work around for now on seperating the departments for each employee - through creating workpaces and then sharing those.

But the way I understand it, is that the shared workspace will land up on the shared users account and they can then switch workspaces from their account. creating work spaces

as a test I shared a workspace to my employee account from the office account and it does not show up on my list of workspaces. I am not sure what I am missing?