Allow same color be used for different statuses within the same status column

Saw the recent announcement on getting 10 new colors. But instead of more colors, can we please get the option to use the same color more than once?

Yes this would be a very useful feature

4 Likes

Agreed, there are so many colours, sometimes I feel like I’m looking at a dashboard designed for 2 year olds.

10 Likes

I agree. Sometimes we have multiple scenarios that could be considered “done” that don’t require a different color. We use as many similar shades of green as we can, but it makes our board look like a rainbow. It would be nice to have several different labels for one color so we can see at a glance what needs attention and what doesn’t.

8 Likes

We also need this. Since Statuses are by far the most useful column type for Automation, we are using multiple status columns on boards to accomplish what we need. The colors become meaningless when they are everywhere. In addition to using the same color multiple times, it would be useful to have the option of a colorless status column.

4 Likes

Is the option on the road map? I too could use the ability to have the same color, or no color as an option.

3 Likes

This is really needed. I have users that are disturbed by all the colors. Being able to use same color for different statuses would be most appreciated!

3 Likes

Agreed with the above! We need status of the same colour and, therefore, unlimited number of status!

2 Likes

I would like to support this request. I have many status labels, and wish I could use the same color on a couple of them. As Mattcave mentionned, we try to use similar colors but it only makes our board look like a rainbow. It’s distracting.
At least give us the option for a few “Custom” colors that we can re-use as needed.

2 Likes

Can we bump this? I’ve seen many different request for the same functionality now.

2 Likes

100% Agree. The boards were built to be aesthetically pleasing but wow it looks ugly when I can’t group similar statuses by color. Please add this feature!

2 Likes

Yes! I would like to use the deadline feature for multiple statuses, but they have to be green in order mark them as complete.

2 Likes

Yes, please! Our dashboards look now like a rainbow and not a professional tool to manage projects and Clients…

2 Likes

This is a very simple ask, and an important one for maintaining sanity on boards with many statuses, which (often) do not need unique colors.

2 Likes

Any updates on this topic? Have to use drop down column instead of more useful status type :frowning:

2 Likes

Please I know lots of color is part of the Monday.com brand but please please allows us to use the same color for status’

2 Likes

I agree with this comment:

Agreed, there are so many colours, sometimes I feel like I’m looking at a dashboard designed for 2 year olds.

3 Likes

Hi Monday.com
Is there any good update of this request chain, please?

1 Like

I believe instead of giving fixed set of colors, allowing users to choose a color from the picker will be really great.

2 Likes

Would be very appreciative of this too!

1 Like