Are formula fields not supported by email autopopulation?

Hey there dear monday community,

I sincerely hope that this is not written somewhere and I could have found it with a quick google search. However I did do a search and couldn’t find anything related to my question.

As the title suggests, I have some problems with the autopopulation function in Emails.

First I tried to directly include formula fields in the autopopulation, but formula fields are not even shown as available options.

I thought I could circumvent the problem if I make the formulas in another board and mirror them in the board where needed. They appear as available options in the autopopulation function, but when chosen, they spaces remain empty where the text of the formulas should be.

The formulas I use are usually if-functions that output a short text, e.g. to determine the grammatically correct form of address based on the gender like “geehrte” or “geehrter” (German language).

Is it generally possible to use formula fields in the autopopulation function or have I hit a dead end here?

Thank you all for your support!

Hi @DRG_Tom :wave:

Welcome to the Community!

The email integrations do not currently support the formula column, unfortunately.

That said, you might like to check out the General Caster app in our apps marketplace - monday.com: Apps Marketplace
This app will allow you to use automations to cast your formula results into a text column which can then be used in your email mapping.
You might like to try one of the following automations:

Do note that this app was not developed by the monday.com team. As such, we don’t have any control over its functionality – and do not provide support for setting it up. Our team has reviewed it against our security and privacy guidelines, but we cannot fully certify it.

If you do want to try it out, I’d recommend checking out the app details in the marketplace here: The monday apps marketplace. You can review the app’s documentation (and applicable privacy policies) and install it if you choose.

To learn more about security in the monday apps marketplace, check out this article: Understanding apps marketplace security

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,

Dani

Hi @DRG_Tom :wave:

Just wanted to check in to see if we can provide anymore assistance here?
If so, just let us know, we’d be happy to help!

If an existing post has answered your question please don’t forget to mark it as the solution so other users can easily find it, and to close this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Dani

Hi @DRG_Tom

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved.
This means that the thread will close in 7 days time :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

All good, thanks Dani!

And sorry i didn’t know I had to mark it as solved

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.