Assign Person column within form

Use case: Assign a Person column by selecting among board subscribers while a form is being filled out.
Context: A customer contacts a call center. A staff member fills out a Monday form as part of an intake procedure. The staff member can assign person based on the attributes and needs of the customer.
Impact: Currently a staff member fills out a Monday form and then follows up on the board to make the assignment. If several calls are being taken at once it can delay assignment of a pulse.
Workarounds: We are looking into automations but it would be easier to maintain if it could be done through the form itself.

As an update, we have determined a way to do it through automations but it requires five actions for a single assignment.

@sgurell, can you elaborate on the solution you have implemented?

We use a dropdown on the form with a list of staff members to feed a text column. The text column has an automation that triggers assignment to the person column. If we had the ability to assign to a person column on the form we could eliminate a redundant column and use fewer automations. It would also make the assignment more flexible because it would be scoped to board subscribers. In the current workaround you need to adjust the automations each time you add or remove a user from the workflow.

Ah I see what you’re doing. A status column where each person is entered as a status. And then an automation for each person “when a status changes to something, assign someone as the assignee”.

It works but if your team changes, you will need to remember to go back and update the column and automations. It was be nice to not have to do this workaround.

Can you please elaborate about the automation you added to the text column ? Because I am not able to find a people assigning automation that gets triggered based upon a value of a column. There is only “when a status changes to something, assign someone as the assignee” automation, where you would have to change the status manually every time to trigger the assigning automation. There is no way possible(at least as of now) to automate the scenario you quoted.

I would love an update on this request… here is another use case.

Our Marketing Team is using a form on our Task Board as a Request form with other departments. We would like the person who is requesting the task to be able to assign themselves in the Requestor people column.

I couldn’t figure out an automation to do this for us so we have no workaround except to add a text column where they can enter their name and then we manually add them as the Requestor.

2 Likes

Aneesh, sorry it took me so long to respond. JTC phrased the solution a little better than I did. I incorrectly said text when we used a text column when I meant status column - so the statuses on a particular column are the names of all the team members. As JTC noted, the downside is that you have to manually add/remove the names of the team members as a status every time the team changes. If the feature request was implemented it might draw from the board subscribers and that might be a natural way to manage who can be selected from the list.

3 Likes

This would be AMAZINGLY helpful for our team. We manage requests for documents to be translated, and sometimes the requester needs to assign an “alternate requester” in the case of vacations or support. The alternate requester would need to get all the same notifications as the requester would also. Right now I have a drop-down column and have manually entered every associate as a label, but I can’t find a way to use this to actually assign someone or populate an email column with their contact information. +1 Vote from me!

Still a new user here. I’ve created a form for my sales team to create new opportunities. The ability to value the Person assigned would be great! Right now it’s just unassigned and requires an extra step to assign it to the correct person.

I just went in and created a workflow to address this issue and it works great!

When an item is created assign creator as ___.

Hope this helps!

I’m going to try and see if I can apply some additional logic to this as I have inside account managers that create opps, but are not to be assigned as the opportunity owner.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.