Automate Connect Board column with Integromat

Hi guys!

How are you? Hope all of you find well.
First of all, sorry for my english (I´m a Spanish speaker).

I made a simple automation with Integromat but I have a problem with the last step:

• Step 1: List Group´s Items
  • Step 2: List Board´s Items
  • Filter: Continue if item 1 (step 1) and item 2 (step 2) have the same condition.
  • Step 3: Create a subitem into item who have match results.

Here the Integromat setup:

The subitem are created but don´t create / update the column “Connect boards”.
Captura de pantalla 2021-12-09 a las 18.45.27

Any ideas? Please, help!
Thanks in advance.

Best,

@jvmartincobos

You can do it using the Create a Subitem module just as you have shown. To do that you will need to get the correct values for the column update array. However, it is not possible to tell what the correct values should be from the data given.

In my opinion, the easiest way would be to add the Update Column Values of a Specific Item module after the Create a Subitem. This module makes setting the correct values for the column updates simpler and much more intuitive.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: A Killer Combo: monday.com, Integromat & Google Sheets - Recurring Tasks Example

1 Like

Hi Jim!

Thank you so much for your help.
Following your tip I have added two new steps but not works:

• Step 1: List Group´s Items
  • Step 2: List Board´s Items
  • Filter: Continue if item 1 (step 1) and item 2 (step 2) have the same condition.
  • Step 3: Create a subitem into item who have match results.
  • Step 4: Get the item.
  • Step 5: Update column “Connect boards” value.

Again, the subitem has created but don´t create/update the column “Connect boards”.
In my opinion, the problem it´s on column “Connect boards” array.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Best,

@jvmartincobos

Ok…

1. the biggest issue is that the board ID has to reference the subitems board not the main board… find the board named “Subitems of Edificios Originacion”.
  2. The item ID should be the ID of the subitem you just created in module 26.
  3. The column ID should probably not be mapped. Once you have the correct board, just pick the column that you want to update.
  4. I’m pretty sure that you don’t need to do the get item after the create subitem… unless there is some data in that item that you don’t already have.
2 Likes

It works! Thank you so so much Jim :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.