Automatic deletion of the duplication of a Line

Hello to all.

I am in the process of converting some processes for my company from excel to Monday.com and have just come across a problem where I don’t know what to do.

I have a board which, as soon as it reaches a certain status for a line, duplicates this line in another board and connects it. But now I want the duplication on the linked board to be deleted as soon as the status changes again. How can I do this without having to delete everything manually every time?
Thank you already for your suggestions

Hi @Tassilo - I am not 100% clear on what you are trying to do. When you say “delete the duplication” is this when a mirrored status in that board changes to something from main board?

If this is the case, what I would do is create a second “hidden” status column in your second board with an option of “DELETE”.

Then use the stock automation “When a status changes to something change another status to something” as it supports mirrored columns. You can then set the automation: When (mirrored status) changes to “X” change (delete status) to DELETE.

Finally, add another automation to delete the record: When (delete status) changes to DELETE then delete the item.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Thank you that was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, automations on mirror columns are not supported when multiple boards are connected to them. Do you have any other suggestions on how I could approach the problem?