AUtomation trigger not working

I have an automation that is not firing. Basically, I have a multi-board workspace. New items are added to the workspace “Inbox” board via a Workform. Automation on this Inbox board is set up to move the item to another board based on the geo indicated in one of the form questions. That automation works just fine, in that the item does in fact get moved to the board. Here’s a screenshot of this working automation:

I then have automation in the geo-specific board (that receives the moved item) to set a status when an item is moved to the board. But that automation does not work. I’ve tried a few variations on it, but it still doesn’t seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

Hey John,
Could you confirm that the 2nd automation is configured on the Americas board?
It looks as if it might be configured to be a trigger for when an item is moved to the Americas Group rather than the Americas Board.
If you start from the Americas board and choose the trigger for when an item is moved to this board, you should get the results you’re looking for.

I can confirm the 2nd automation is on the Americas board. I actually tried a few different automations, but none are fired.

I’m honestly just as puzzled as you now, John. :grimacing:
Do any other automation triggers work on the Americas board? If you move an item from another board, does it trigger the automations?
Maybe also test the trigger for when an item is moved to the top group on the Americas board.

I tried deleting and recreating the automation and it just didn’t work. So I duplicated the Americas board, changed the board reference in the automation to the new board name and it works on the duplicate (but not on the original). So problem solved, but unsure what was the problem.

1 Like