Board List Column

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a column in a board that allows the user to pick a board from a list of boards under a specific folder?

The use case is that we need to relate a work ticket with an undefinable number of parts and labor items to a project in a project board. It seems the best approach is to create a new board for each work ticket for expansability purposes and then relate that work ticket (board) to a row in the project board.

Suggestions on alternative approaches for creating and relating work tickets are welcome.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi, @gsieber - Welcome to the community! Yes, you can do this easily with multi-board linking in a “Connect Boards” column. If your account currently can only link a single board to a column, you can ask your monday․com partner to ask for it on your behalf or contact support directly. Note that multi-board mirroring is not available yet, just the multi-linking.

If you would like help learning how to do more with monday․com, we offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions each week in the community. You can reserve your time here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

1 Like

That sounds great. Thank you. I don’t seem to have that ability, asking support for it now.

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

Hey @gsieber ,

My turn! Welcome to the community and I hope you’ll find the answers you are looking for when building, and that you have a pleasant stay :slight_smile:

I can confirm that using the Connect Boards column would be your best bet here, as it is populated with boards within the account automatically, so it would be easy to keep up-to-date. Let me know if support were able to grant the feature, and if not, shoot me a DM and we’ll be able to take care of this for you :slight_smile:

-Alex

@AlexSavchuk The tech support people so far can’t seem to figure it out. If you can help, that would be great. I don’t see a DM function in this system, so not sure how to do that.

@gsieber

Gotcha! I’ve just sent you a DM on the community forum - let’s connect through there :slight_smile: You should be able to see your personal messages by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner.

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.