Funnel Multiple Boards Into One

Hello! I feel like I’m missing something obvious.

My team has several departments each with their own supply needs, so each department has a board for Order Requests. I’d like to be able to create a pulse on any department’s Order Request board and have that pulse copy to one main Purchasing board where the person that does all our ordering can work from without having to go into the departments’ individual boards.

I can get one department’s board to link to the Purchasing board just fine. But when I try to connect the other departments, most of the info doesn’t transfer.

I first tried connected columns - which seems like it would work except that all the columns from the department board don’t show up in the Purchasing board. When I did the connected board automation, there’s a note saying all columns aren’t yet supported. But I can’t find a list of what columns are supported to know if that’s the reason I’m having trouble or if I’ve done something else wrong. If anyone can point me to that list, I’d be grateful.

I also tried to mirror columns, but I can only get one department’s board info to mirror, not multiple departments. For instance, if I mirror the vendor column, I can only connect it to the vendor column in department 1. And any pulses from departments 2, 3, 4, 5 that connect via the automation leave the vendor column blank because it’s only connected to department 1.

I realize I could probably just create a Purchasing board that everyone is attached to, and if that’s the only solution, I will. But I was asked to keep them all separate so each department only has to use their own.

Hi @laurengarafalo!

I wanted to take a stab at helping you with this use case. Can you view this video and let me know your thoughts?

-Aron

Multi-board linking and mirroring can help solve this quite nicely. If you need a bit of help getting started or just want a short demo, we offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions in the community each week. You can book one here to see multi-board linking and multi-mirroring in action: Book Polished Geek: more with monday.com

Hi @laurengarafalo, there are a few options to complete this based on your level of detail required in a single view.

Using the multi-board linking as @PolishedGeek mentioned is the easiest solution and will give you a nice summarized board overview. Think of it like seeing the summary footer on your individual boards in a single line.

If you need more detailed reporting off of numerous boards and you consistently maintain > 10 boards, looking into a master/child board setup may be beneficial as well. This is utilizing connected boards from a single master board where all of your columns on child boards are actually mirrored fields from the master.

Depending on your current licensing - dashboard have limits to the number of boards you can connect (max 10 with Pro, 50 with Enterprise). This is where having a single master board is great as it is a single point of reporting.

If you ever need more information or assistance feel free to contact me anytime here or at info@greenllamas.com. Also, check us out online to learn more about what we do!

Thanks!
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.