Link Tasks Across Multiple Boards

I would love to see a way that you could view/link a task into multiple boards. If I create a task on one board I can make it show up (via automations maybe) on another board.

With my team there are a lot of us and we do a lot of collabrative work with eachother. But we all have a lot of different tasks that a lot of different people create. currently we are basically all working out of one board we call “Team Tasks” The problem is that it has well over a hundred tasks in it (yes we use different groups) but it is still hard to navigate and remember what tasks you are assigned to.

So I want to be able to create a task in “Team Tasks” and build an automation that then creates and links that task to my personal board if I am assigned to it. Then if I change the status, write an update, or do anything else to change/update the task. Then all the other boards that have that task aslo get the new update. If I change the status to “waiting for review” on my personal board. The satus will aslo change on the “Team Tasks” board.

Hey @scloward,

If I am understanding correctly, this is achievable using our connect boards automation recipes as shown below:

You can continue adding the “create item in board and connect” as you see relevant. Once items are connected you can then utilise the mirror column to mirror associated columns across boards!

I’d love to hear if this is along the lines of what you’re looking for! If not, please feel free elaborate further :slight_smile:

@BiancaT this would work but ads a lot of complexity (and a lot of additional columns) to the board. This is a standard feature in Asana and would be awesome to have here in Monday.com as well.

On the task level in Asana, you can tie it out to multiple boards which is very helpful for how teams actually process work.

A good example is with the email program. “Email A” is part of Campaign X. I want to see it on the campaign project board as part of the wholistic set of activities going on to support the campaign, but would also like to see it on our separate email calendar where the email team focuses their strategy.

3 Likes

Not all tasks from one board should be on another board. We need the ability to add a single task to another board, and any actions taken on the task from any board need to be reflected across all boards it is attached to. Asana has this! Not having this is causing a lot of headaches. This would allow us to optimize how we set up and share boards, and reduce duplicate work. It’s a small but mighty feature.
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 11.46.57 AM

6 Likes

Reviving this thread. Has anyone found work-around? We are running into the same request with users requesting how they can do something similar to the multi-homing feature of Asana in Monday.com.

5 Likes

Doesn’t MY WORK take care of this issue? If you have a PERSON column, and you are assigned to that line item (TASK), then it will show up in your MY WORK. You can add as many team members to the PEOPLE columns TASK as you want, or create a TEAM and add the TEAM to that TASK. You then create an automation that will alert the TEAM when the TASKs STATUS has changed.

I have had this thought too - except that it clogs up the My work if everything you need to be aware of but don’t necessarily need to be assigned to shows up there - Especially as a PM or a Manager of the work.

1 Like

Hi
Did any one figure out how to do this ?
Also in Wrike they have similar feature like Asana and it’s very useful
Anyone knows if it was added to Monday ? or if it’s planned to be added?

Regards,
Sameh

Hi @Jill.S , were you able to get a solution for your needs? While this feature is not yet in monday, we’ve developed an app you can try installing and see if it does the job. Here it is
Link to our App in the Marketplace

Hi @SamehDamuni , we’ve developed an app that does what you need. Try it for free here

Hi @SemisiH , we’ve actually developed an app to address this feature need by users. Here it is

Hi Becky, looks like we’ve got your need covered. Our app does exactly what you need. Try it here Link to our App in the Marketplace @becky_mc

1 Like

Hi @margotu , we’ve got ti already. We have developed an app for this specific need. Here it is Link to our App in the Marketplace

hey @rodneyz, thanks for sharing (5 times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). There are a few limitations people should know about.

• you can only install their app on one board. So you can’t take a task from any board and share it.
  • Also, you can’t edit an update. You can only add a new one. I often don’t have a need for new updates, rather I edit my updates, which are often todo lists or simply lists.

While I’m grateful that someone is taking this request seriously, I’m going to have to uninstall it as I need to share tasks from multiple boards across multiple boards.

I’m an Asana (& Monday.com) user and there a quite a few loveable features in Asana that Monday.com is missing. It’s a shame really. Asana has been very pro-active in adding many, many new features this past 12-months.

Commenting here to see if anyone found a solution, that does not include downloading an additional app. We are having the same problem.

1 Like