Bug with items_by_column_values query?

Hello,

I am trying to use the API to query all items with a value within a column. Even though I expect over 100 items as a result, I only get 3. I’ve tried this when I set the column type to “Status” and “Text” and I received the same result for both. However, when I filter for the same value on the web app, I get the expected amount of over 100. Is there any other debugging that can be done to find the root cause of this issue?

Hi @dturcanbbi :wave:

What are the chances you can share the API call you’re utilizing? I’d be happy to take a closer look :slight_smile:

One thing I do want to mention is that column_type is not a required argument. I’m curious if removing this might have any favorable effect on your returned results?

In case it’s helpful, here’s an example query that works successfully for me in querying a board to return items with a specific email address:

query {
items_by_column_values (board_id: 000000000, column_id: “email”, column_value: “test@test.com”) {
id
name
}
}

Let me know if this helps! :muscle:

Best,
Scott

Here’s my full query with masking my board id, a column named “status”, and searching for the value “Awaiting Information” for active items:

query {
        items_by_column_values (board_id: 123456789, column_id: "status",
                                column_value: "Awaiting Information", state: active) {
            id
            name
            group {
                id
            }
            column_values {
                id
                value
            }
        }
    }

Thanks for sending that over @dturcanbbi :slight_smile:

At first glance, I’m unable to identify any issues with your call. In fact, I copied and pasted it, updated the Board ID, and everything behaves as expected on my end.

Because of this, I’d love to ask you to open a support ticket with us for this. That way we can dive a bit further into any discrepancies between the data on your board and the API call you’re using.

Would you please be so kind as to send an email over to us at support@monday.com so we can take this to a non-public channel? In that email please ask them to “pass this along to Scott”, and link to this Community post for context.

Cheers!

-Scott

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.