Button Click Send Mirrored Item to Another Board

I have a “Properties” board and a “Listings” board. What I would like to do is have a “Listed” checkbox column, and when you check an item, a mirrored copy gets sent from the “Properties” board and adds it as an item in the “Listings” board. But, the “Listings” board will have different columns, so I only want certain fields to be copied over, like the address. But also, I would like changes to be mirrored between boards. I hope what I need makes sense. If a checkbox doesn’t work, maybe a button? I just want the option to turn listings on and off, basically. New to Monday.com and the community, so I appreciate any and all help!

Update: I was able to create a button field and when clicked it moves certain fields to another board. But, I could only get it to create a copy and move it. So, when editing fields in one board, it doesn’t change it in the other. Also, after the automation runs, it adds “(Copy)” to the end of the name field in the “Properties” board.

Hi @andrewsaulroberts - Have you checked out the Automations that allow you to trigger the creation of a new item in another board, and cross link them back both ways? From your description, I think this will work more like you want. If you would like to get some personal help, I offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions each week in the community. You can book a time here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

1 Like

I haven’t quite figured it out yet. I was able to add a column with a button in each row. When I clicked it I get it to create a new row in the other board. But, I don’t know how to make it work where you can edit information on either board. To explain what I need differently:

I have a board with “Properties.” When one of those properties is listed, I want to be able to click a button and add it to a different board called “Company Listings.” This way it separates a board with hundreds of properties around town with the board that contains our company listings. But I would like the flexibility to be able to edit property information from either board. Also, it would be nice to remove the button once the property has been added to the listings page.

Thank you again for any help. I am learning a lot and really enjoy this platform!!

Update: Maybe I’m not understanding how to cross link them both ways once I have triggered it to create a new item in another board.

Hi @andrewsaulroberts you can do this through custom automations by adding a button column to your “Properties” board and a connect boards column on both the “Properties” and “Company Listings” board.

By adding the connect boards columns to both boards you will create an automatic link between the two items on each board - you can then use the mirror column to reflect certain columns on one board to the other board (creating part of the live link you were looking to create).

This article really helps to describe the connect boards column in more detail: Connect Boards Column (Previously Link to Item Column)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.