Calendar 2.0 - Help us build the best calendar experience

Ron here from monday’s Product team. It’s your opportunity to influence our product!

Making the best calendar experience that could utilize all of monday.com benefits is a daunting task. We want to hear your thoughts on how to make it the best one 📆 🎉

Please fill the form below and we will be in touch soon ✌

3 Likes

By “calendar” do you mean the Monday.com board view or how our external calendars (e.g. within Gmail, Outlook etc) connect to Monday? Or both?

I ask because I don’t use the Calendar board view very often, but use my Gmail calendar all day every day!

3 Likes

Hi! We are focusing ATM specifically on interaction with external calendars, scheduling meetings with external invitees etc. We would love to speak mostly to Sales people/ people who use a CRM as part of their activities management

4 Likes

Our sales team is in desperate need of a functional calendar. Can we discuss?

1 Like

When might we see some changes to this feature as I’m seriously considering employing someone to build another calendar view for duration it’s costing us the fees of a whole other project management software just to keep a calendar and I love Monday I just want to cut ties with the other software

4 Likes

Would be great to be able to schedule Monday tasks in outlook calendar like shown on the video: Scheduling your Microsoft To Do Tasks in Outlook - YouTube. The video shows how easily you can schedule Microsoft todo tasks in your Outlook calendar.

3 Likes

Have there been an updates on when this will be released?

2 Likes

I use Monday for strategic planning and it would be amazing if calendar dates could be clustered into quarters, trimesters (we are on a trimester plan), and years. I’d like to use the date column and instead of having to select specific dates for the start/end of a time period, I want to select T1_2022 or just 2022 for instance and have those timelines show up on the gannt view.

2 Likes

Any updates on a release date yet?

1 Like

Would love a calendar system that allows for easy booking, like the forms, and allow the person the appointment is for to pick and choose what is available and what isn’t. Automated zoom links if the appointment is set as zoom appointments. Length of time based on what the appointment is for. Plus, integration on an easy birds eye view of what appointments when.

Hi @KateCan - A separate booking system that can be integrated with monday might be your best solution overall. At Polished Geek, we use a booking system that does everything you mentioned, and we’ve integrated it with our CRM boards in monday. I’d be happy to give you a quick tour and explain how it all works. We offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions in the community each week. You can book one here: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

(the page that link takes you to is from our booking system, so you can get a sneak peek while you schedule a call with us)

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

1 Like

Expanding the calendar view to be able to visually keep track of hourly appointments would greatly help our business’s incorporation of Monday into our daily work flow. It becomes especially irksome when trying to schedule appointments for sales reps or simple meetings. Hopefully this functionality is added in later iterations.

2 Likes

The Calendar view is important to us and many business as I’m sure you have noted reading through the many posts. Expanding the date field to incorporate a start and finish time, will assist in appointment setting, staff and talent rosters, schedules of programs etc. You would also need to expand the automation rules to incorporate, repeated bookings, roster or appointments.

This is an important feature for many, we are looking at either continuing with Monday or not, based specifically on this feature.

2 Likes

I have a growing number of volunteer schedules across three locations for my receptionist to manage. I am trying to make things easier but I haven’t found anything that will let me have a consolidated, simple view that is also linked to the individual calendars to allow for changes to be made. Much like the previous comments, I too am having a difficult time explaining to my receptionist why there isn’t an easy way to look at everyone’s calendars in one view.

Start / finish appointment & booking times would be helpful.

I’m really hoping there is a right click option in Calendar view, to delete or duplicate items at a time. Plenty of publishing use.

Going back to main table and typing them in is the only thing that feels like a massive step backward from sheets.

1 Like

Will this development work make it possible to push a subitems date to the assigned persons Office365 calendar? That would be brilliant if so!

My Work was a big step forward for those of us that have multiple sub task across 20+ boards that need to be scheduled in order to plan and use your time effectively. But it really must have a calendar view that can also be integrated with in our case a Google calendar. We are beginning to roll the system out to more users and having to create a workaround for this that doesn’t even fully work around the issue, is not good from many perspectives .

A few others here have mentioned start and end times, this would also be a useful addition.

2 Likes

We use the one way sync capability (webcal subscription) so our consulting team knows what customer they are at, on what day. It appears you have dropped support for this (although it is still operational - see note at top of page here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001362725-Calendar-sync).

If you are going to ditch support for this, please provide support for an open standard, like CALDAV, so we can sync to our non-Google, non-Microsoft calendars. This would also allow for two way syncing to occur, improving on the webcal one way sync that we currently rely on, in a way that would work for people who do not want to use Microsoft or Google for calendar.

Ability to deal with deleted items would be great. At the moment, with two-way syncing set up on Google Calendar, when an event is deleted in Google, it remains on Monday, and when a pulse is deleted on Monday, it remains on Google Calendar.

Thanks!