Calendar View for "My Work"

For my company, we consistently have about 20 different projects going on at once, with different team members assigned to each one. A few of us, though, have assignments for every single project, which can become very confusing very quickly.

So I need a calendar view capable of showing me all my assignments from 20 different boards in one location - and it needs to work in both desktop and the mobile app. But so far I haven’t been able to find anything like what I’m describing, which seems mind boggling for a project management tool like this. A list view isn’t very practical when you’re trying to see what dates are open for scheduling meetings and the like.

First I tried using My Work, which seems promising at first: every item that you are assigned to is automatically collected there. But there is no calendar view on desktop or mobile. I’ve heard that there’s a roundabout way of creating a calendar view on iPhone, but nothing yet for Android (which is what I have).

Next I tried creating a calendar widget just for myself, but once again no luck. Even on Pro, you can only connect 10 boards, which is half of what I need.

So finally I tried creating a personal board using “Connected Boards” and “Mirror” columns, to manually collect all of my assigned tasks in one place. There is still a limit on how many boards you can connect to a single “connected boards” column, but I got around this by creating multiple columns, splitting the different project boards between them. Not the prettiest looking thing, but I finally managed to get a single calendar view of all my assignments across 20 boards…at least, on desktop. Unfortunately, I’ve now found that the mobile app doesn’t seem to support dates and timelines pulled from “mirror” columns. I’ve also found that the Google Calendar integration doesn’t work for “mirror” columns, so that option is out as well.

A desktop/mobile calendar view MUST be added somewhere. Either My Work needs a calendar view added or “collected boards” and “mirror” columns need to be given more available functions when it comes to calendar views. This may become a serious deal breaker for us.

6 Likes

I’m a visual person myself and I LOVE this idea! It just better helps put everything into perspective!

2 Likes

Same here, a calendar view of “My work” would be wonderful. The “competition” (Asana) does this perfectly:

“My work” was a big leap forward, but a calendar view would be great!

7 Likes

THIS! My org just switched from Asana to Monday and I am kicking myself for not looking more closely at the product. Had I known there wasn’t a calendar view for My Work, I would not have agreed to the switch. It’s SO hugely helpful for managing my tasks across many different projects and essentially generating a daily to do list. PLEASE PLEASE add this feature!

7 Likes

YES!!! I’ve been asking for a calendar view for My Work!

We use a lot of subitems and there’s no way to create a dashboard widget calendar that pulls in the same task info I get in My Work. We just want a calendar view option!

3 Likes

Upvoted- the current list view works for me most of the time, but I find it limited when trying to anticipate workload and tasks beyond the “This Week” section. A calendar view would also help with drag and dropping tasks to future dates in order to plan the weeks ahead. At the moment I find myself doing a lot of clicking in order to adjust dates for future tasks :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Integrations exist with calendar apps like Google Cal, which make it possible to visualise tasks for coming weeks, but of course with them you loose a lot of the native functionality that make “My Work” so good

1 Like

The idea is not to replace the countdown timer but to include a responsive calendar on the dashboard where you can find the due dates for your orders. Remember that the timer on the dashboard is static and requires you to refresh it to keep in touch with it. I think I love the idea…

Also, It just better helps put everything into 2023 calendar perspective!

Any progress on this. Crucial imo!

3 Likes

I’ve done this by creating a private dashboard and adding the Calendar widget, however it’s limited to 20 boards and need to be manually maintained if new boards are created etc, so it’s not ideal.

2 Likes

Hi, :wave:

We are working on an improved version of the calendar on monday.com. With “Calendar it” you will be able to view activities by month, week and day in greater detail and in a more attractive way. We invite you to discover our prototype.

Link: https://acortar.link/sT4U0d

Do you like it? You can sign up for our wishlist to be among the first to know when we have our first release. Likewise, we will be very grateful for the feedback you can give us.

3 Likes

Having a Calendar View for My Work seems like such a basic thing, especially since it’s already a view that can be applied to all boards. I am preparing to implement Monday.com across our entire organization, and I know this will be a huge source of complaints for our team.

This issue is further compounded by the mobile app not reflecting dates unless they also have a start and stop time. 99% of the time, our tasks aren’t scheduled like meetings, so the mobile calendar is basically useless for us.

Sounds like there are some potential work arounds to achieve an approximation of a My Work calendar view , but it’s baffling that this isn’t a basic native function. Every competitor I’ve looked at has this feature.

4 Likes

Can anyone create a feature request for this?
This should be integrated asap.

2 Likes

Well… from the limited interactivity of the sample it looks good to me. What happens with tasks that span multiple days though? as this doesn’t seem to account for that in a simple visual way like Google calendar does.

When would it be available in Beta for more detailed testing?

3 Likes

You are soo right I switched from Asana and they have this part on lock…it would be great if Monday did the same

1 Like

We are new to monday.com has this issue been addressed yet? Would be really helpful to have one calendar to see my work across all boards

1 Like

Alas, this has not been addressed yet.

1 Like

I switched to Asana a couple of years ago because of this exact missing feature. I like the project interface of Monday better, but not having MY WORK in a calendar view is still a deal-breaker. ANY UPDATES on this feature? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi all,

It looks like someone added this as a Feature Request - I’d recommend upvoting!

1 Like