Can I get a notification when something is marked "Done"?

Hi - One of our users is wondering if there is a way to make sure that he get’s a notification when something he is an owner of gets changed by someone else to “done”. We have poked around and have not seen any option in notification settings. As a stop-gap he has unchecked “Hide Done Items” in the My Work section so they at least do not disappear, but wondering if there is a way to actually be notified when something changes to “Done”? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I would set up an automation on the board. Some thing like “When Status changes to Done, then Notify Person”

Person is the team member set up in the People column, so in this case your user (and any other people assigned to items in that board).

1 Like

Ahhh yes, that makes sense. We will give it a try. Thank you so much!

Hey @Ddasilva :wave:

It looks like your question got answered already! If you’d like some more information on using automations to notify people, you can check out this article: Alerts and Reminders with Automations

For sending notifications to anyone external to your account, you will need to have a Standard Plan or higher so that you can utilize our email integration capabilities: How to send or receive emails with monday.com

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jenna

Lovely, thank you so much, Jenna! This is helpful

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.