Can we get some Kanban Love?

I’ve been testing Monday.com for several business I’m starting up. I’m a developer and a marketer launching some serious brands. I’ve A/B 'ed Monday.com against a lot of competitors and really love the flexible set up it offers me. However, the serious weakness I run into is the kanban boards. I could list a number of specific feature requests, but I think anyone who looks at the competition (Jira, Asana, Trello, etc) can see a number of basic things missing. I think it just needs some general love - Monday.com dev style. Any chance the Monday.com team could give it a pass over on the roadmap?

Tell us your use case. How do you and your team already use monday.com ? Be specific if possible to give us the complete picture.
I use Monday.com to organize operations across complex media ventures (finance, production, marketing etc.) I love the ability to group things, use tags, and how questions, updates, and files can be accessed with the right hand menu. Very flexible tools for organization. I track progress and prioritize tasks with the Kanban view.

Frame the feature request/feedback in context with your pain point and what you want to achieve. The better we can understand how it fits into your workflow, the easier it is for us to prioritize in our Voice of Customer process.

• Make more info appear on cards
  • Make it more obvious as to what group the card belongs (Unlike list view there is currently no color difference coloration to the cards).
  • Cards are huge and generally blank. This makes it so hard to navigate through them with your team on a big screen. Can there be a zoom feature or something?
  • Sub-items don’t appear to do anything on Kanban cards, though there is a place to click expand once you open the card.
  • I have to open the card, and click comments to get the comments to appear on the left hand side. This is sort of annoying.

Help us understand the impact this is having on your team; is this having a critical impact that’s affecting your team’s productivity? Is this causing roadblocks in adopting monday.com as your main work tool?
This is more of a “for love the game” type scenario. Whatever management tool we choose to use isn’t going to stand in the way of our critical path. The Kanban being so basic, is just sort of an annoying drag given Monday.com is otherwise such an exciting, hip, well-thought out tool. I want my teams to feel like they get the best most competent products on the market, so they can be excited about what we’re doing. Monday.com feels like its done by passionate pros, but that they haven’t clicked on the Kanban section in a while.

List any workarounds you may have tried and to what degree this is solving the issue for you.
I don’t think there’s a potentially suitable work around other than dealing with the clunky Kanban interface sadly. We just have to click on each card to see basic info and constantly scroll around the board. :frowning:

I believe in you Monday.com. Please show me some Kanban Love.

Agree. Other elements of Monday are amazing. But, the Kanbans are seriously under-developed.

Work around = Seriously thinking of retaining Clickup or using Asana just to have an easy to hand Kanban view.

Problems =

1. Cards needlessly big. Too much whitespace making it harder to visualise. Asana is also bad for card size. Trello is good.
  2. Can’t delete cards/items in Kanban view. Seriously limits the flexibility of the view.
  3. Please, please allow ordering by ‘group of items’. This is your primary organisation principle on the list view, so it seems strange that you can’t carry this across.

Thanks,

Andy

3 Likes

Hi, @helloeido - Our company is very close to releasing a board view app that has a lot of similarities along with many important differences from the Kanban view. You might really find it helpful.

I would love to pick your brain and discuss your use case, to better understand your needs and help drive our development of new features. If you are open to that, please send an email to Deb Cinkus at getmonday@polishedgeek.com so we can set up a time to do a screenshare.

As a thank you we will be able to grant you an extended trial license of our Priority Cards app if you find it useful!

You can book a meeting here if you want to schedule a time now rather than exchange emails: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Best,
~ Deb Cinkus
Product Certified monday․com Partner

Hi there, I’ve booked a meeting on Friday. Happy to hear your plans. This definitely is a limit on Monday for me whereas other things are fab.

1 Like

Great, looking forward to it, Andy - @helloeido

I want to vote for this a thousand times :tired_face: :weary: :weary: :weary: :sob:

I don’t understand why there aren’t more upvotes.

Any other way we can push the Kanban agenda?

2 Likes

+1 on the Kanban love! Would love to have the Kanban columns grouped by ‘‘Groups’’ instead of Status.

1 Like

Absolutely agree!! Monday.com is a great product but Kanban needs serious improvements.

1 Like

Agree with this 100%. Our IT Director is ready to leave monday.com because of the limitations of the Kanban view. Why can’t we see any information other than description and person assigned? We love the flexibility of the product, but based on product comparisons both Asana and Click-up have more detailed information on their Kanban board views. Please give those the use the Kanban board some love.

1 Like

It would be great to be able to sort the pulses systematically within the Kanban stages. We use the Kanban view like a timetable for our events, but within the last few days, they always changed their order on their own.

1 Like