Collapse Board Description

I’ve searched through many topics here regarding the use of the Board Description area that is immediately under the Board Title. However, I can’t see anywhere that the following issue is mentioned. If this is a duplicate, I apologise.

We have a number of boards that include some extensive text descriptions. Some of these descriptions are truncated and display the “Read More” button. The “Read More” button works well for these instances.

However, could we please have a corresponding “Collapse” button so that we don’t have to browse to another board and back again just to regain some screen real estate?

Thank you.

Yeah I agree and I think the board description needs some love and attention In general…
It feels a bit left out with all the fancy functionality around it and the board description being greyed out and collapsed, but nevertheless it has the number one spot on the board.
Maybe a WYSIWYG or elements like buttons to link to files or others boards etc. This way the description can show and contain information about the board.
Cheers!

I totally agree @Eltjo.

It seems that the functionality behind the board description could be improved significantly with couple of small tweaks. There are plenty of threads in this Community about incorporating some HTML (or similar) markup, and in particular about controlling the text colour. All of which I find equally frustrating.

In this instance, it would just be great to have a “Collapse” button to complement the “Read More” button. To me, it seems like the implementation was only ever half done.

2 Likes

I would support this addition. Furthermore, I would also have a “pin to position”, i.e. either always collapsed, or always expanded.

2 Likes

Yes, being able to pin it to closed would be a great option. We hardly use this field anymore.

We do make more use of the Views since theres an option to add documents etc, this is a beautiful place to store the information about a board.
I really hope Monday will add an option to place the views a bit more ‘in sight’: Board Views cannot be found because they are hidden in a dropdown, should be viewable via tabs

Agree with you 100%. Small tweak indeed! I can format this box that I’m replying to you i.e. add bullets and numbers, but yet here we are 2021 and still no improvement to the board description. I’ve submitted this as well as many others for a feature request and get the standard that is a great idea… "I will pass this along to our team to see if we can offer that option in the future. I definitely see how that could be helpful and you taking the time to reach out about this means so much to our team. Not only does this help us create a better platform, but it helps us better understand our user’s workflows :)​