Area for board level information and resources

It would be really helpful to be able to attach resources related to a board to the board itself instead of individual pulses. This could include discussion on the board itself, resource files that apply to the board overall, info boxes, instructions on how to use the board etc.

Right now all we have is one text box underneath the board name.

12 Likes

I agree! It’d be a great way to allow full board communication. Sometimes we want to write a message about the whole board instead of just one pulse.

4 Likes

Second this. A lot of communication is on ‘board level’. We now do this in Slack and paste the url of the board to give context in the Slack channel. Would be great to have that within Monday

2 Likes

I agree! Right now as a work around, we’ve added a Team Chat Group to every board for messages that are related to the board, but maybe not to a specific pulse. It works, but it’s not ideal.

3 Likes

I agree with the group and @sschreiner thoughts about being able to ‘attach resources related to a board to the board itself instead of individual pulses.’ Is there an ability to search ‘all’ pulse resources?

1 Like

Hi guys,

Good feedback - thanks for sharing! Something we always do here in monday is to create “General” groups at the top of every board where we add items for “Discussions” and “Files or resources”. We can then upload important board level documents and have board level discussions in those items. This can also work on a group level.

Do you think this could work for you?

Although I can see the benefit of having a pulse/group for all updates etc at the top of a board, sometimes having the adhere to the columns etc of the whole board kind of gets in the way. As this thread has suggested, having a dedicated section that allows for general communication, files etc could give each board a nice overview. One way to do this could just be to expand the ‘description’ sections. I have always though this was a little small and difficult to read, but maybe giving this a revamp could help.

3 Likes

One way to do this could just be to expand the ‘description’ sections. I have always though this was a little small and difficult to read, but maybe giving this a revamp could help.

Agreed.

The pale grey text-only Description box could use beefing up so that it becomes a bona fide feature with some real use.

It’s the perfect place for board-level features.

4 Likes

Just agreeing with the other two comments. I don’t want board level information to mix and mingle with the individual pulses and in most cases the column structure will be fairly useless for it.

A dedicated area for board level resources (descriptions, files, links, discussion) would be much more useful.

6 Likes

Rich Text would be great in the Board Descriptions, for sure. No one looks at these and we would like to be able to put links in them that don’t take up a full page!

5 Likes

This could work for us if we could lock down visibility by pulse (not just by item). Sometimes the files our PM’s need to reference need to be locked down from others subscribed to the board. Same for links, etc.

Yes, this would be so great! Every time I use the board description box to write information relevant to all of the tasks on the board inevitably someone asks me something that I’ve answered in the board description. I can’t blame them though because the light gray text is easy to miss.

4 Likes

Agreed on this one.
We need somewhere to track key decisions, to keep everything in Monday.com and not still need external tools

Good news for those following this thread! I’ve heard in the partner community that a better board header area is in development. No public ETA, but monday com is working to give us more capability to include images and richer text.

In the meantime, you could also use the new Docs feature, and place a link to that in your header area. If you haven’t played with Docs yet, it’s quite new, released just a few days ago. Go to monday labs and activate it. You can learn more about Docs here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021702939

And lastly, for those who mentioned that they would like to prevent some of the team from seeing certain items, this is achievable with Enterprise Item Permissions. For anyone who would like a private demo and walkthrough of Pro vs. Enterprise features, so you can decide if Enterprise is really right for your business, you can book one below with us at Polished Geek. We are happy to provide detailed insights into the pros and cons of upgrading, including pricing, how using Enterprise Item Permissions can streamline your boards and improve team collaboration, and a full discussion of the many security features included in Enterprise.

If you do choose to go with Enterprise, we provide complimentary training and onboarding sessions for your team to help you get started with all those exciting new features quickly. And as your partner, we also will work through our official monday com channels to get you access as early as possible to any new Enterprise features that are in limited release or beta.

If interested, reach out to me at deb@polishedgeek.com or book a private Enterprise demo here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday com

Thanks for the info

I hope to have Ă­tem permissions on pro accounts in this coming months

@hlopezvc Have you seen anything to suggest this is on the Monday.com roadmap?

Eh
 No. Nothing
Its just a matter of hope.

Hey @hlopezvc - i have floated the idea of enterprise level security on the Pro Plan to monday. Not sure if this will happen or not, however, even with the seat limit (20) for enterprise working with a monday partner can help you get enterprise licensing with a lower seat count.

You can trust me on one thing, we wont stop to push that security should not be a licensed based approach.

If there is anything we can do to help, let me know!
Mark

1 Like