Area for board level information and resources

It would be really helpful to be able to attach resources related to a board to the board itself instead of individual pulses. This could include discussion on the board itself, resource files that apply to the board overall, info boxes, instructions on how to use the board etc.

Right now all we have is one text box underneath the board name.

10 Likes

I agree! It’d be a great way to allow full board communication. Sometimes we want to write a message about the whole board instead of just one pulse.

3 Likes

Second this. A lot of communication is on ‘board level’. We now do this in Slack and paste the url of the board to give context in the Slack channel. Would be great to have that within Monday

1 Like

I agree! Right now as a work around, we’ve added a Team Chat Group to every board for messages that are related to the board, but maybe not to a specific pulse. It works, but it’s not ideal.

1 Like

I agree with the group and @sschreiner thoughts about being able to ‘attach resources related to a board to the board itself instead of individual pulses.’ Is there an ability to search ‘all’ pulse resources?

1 Like

Hi guys,

Good feedback - thanks for sharing! Something we always do here in monday is to create “General” groups at the top of every board where we add items for “Discussions” and “Files or resources”. We can then upload important board level documents and have board level discussions in those items. This can also work on a group level.

Do you think this could work for you?

Although I can see the benefit of having a pulse/group for all updates etc at the top of a board, sometimes having the adhere to the columns etc of the whole board kind of gets in the way. As this thread has suggested, having a dedicated section that allows for general communication, files etc could give each board a nice overview. One way to do this could just be to expand the ‘description’ sections. I have always though this was a little small and difficult to read, but maybe giving this a revamp could help.

1 Like

One way to do this could just be to expand the ‘description’ sections. I have always though this was a little small and difficult to read, but maybe giving this a revamp could help.

Agreed.

The pale grey text-only Description box could use beefing up so that it becomes a bona fide feature with some real use.

It’s the perfect place for board-level features.

2 Likes

Just agreeing with the other two comments. I don’t want board level information to mix and mingle with the individual pulses and in most cases the column structure will be fairly useless for it.

A dedicated area for board level resources (descriptions, files, links, discussion) would be much more useful.

3 Likes