Column Matching

Hello, I am looking to create a board/form that when a new item is created (persons name), and status is something (i.e. status is programme 1), that they are instantly matched with another item (i.e. status programme 2). Is this possible?
In a nutshell, I am trying to match coaches with coachees on different learning programmes automatically and have a high volume of names to match up on different programmes. Thanks in advance!

Hello @SarahChristie,
Welcome to the community.
If you are looking to merge items based on certain factors, you can use the Duplicates and Uniques app for that.
Here is a video showing an example of that.
If you have any questions, you can always write to support@kolaai.com

Hey @SarahChristie

You could definitely do something like that via the API, and eventually, package your solution as a monday.app. Alternatively, you could use a pre-built automation recipe that does something similar:

I think @kolaai solution could very well fit what you are looking to do, too! :slight_smile:

What do you think? Let us know!

-Alex

Thanks very much for coming back to me with your answers.

I am not really looking to connect the same information. I am trying to build a group of people and then pair them up with people in another group, using a matching criteria.

So, as an example, Person 1 is on an Early Career Programme and I am trying to match them up with another person on a Middle Career Programme and set up an automation that says something like ‘Hi Person 1, you have been matched with Person 2’.

Is this 2 different boards, or is there a way to do that within 1 board and different groups?

@SarahChristie

Thank you for circling back with me! I appreciate the further clarificaiton.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page here, are you looking to set this up via the API or using the Apps Framework? If so, this can definitely be achieved by using code, and you can use a query like “items_By_column_values” in order to search through the board’s items and find a match in a specific group, for example.

If you are not keen at using the API or building a custom solution, I would recommend looking into Alfred’s suggestion on using the Duplicates & Uniques app, as it might very well do the trick for you. Alternatilvey, you can build a similar solution using Integromat, for example.

I’m afraid that currently, the platform doesn’t have an in-built solution to do what you are looking for within the same board. I hope this helps clarify.

What do you think? Let me know.

-Alex