Combining items and sub-items in a workload widget

Hi all,

I am creating a master dashboard and with the Workload widget I am checking the workload of my staff with data from multiple boards.
Now here’s the thing:

I have a board that where items/pulses represent an advertising campaign and the sub-items in that pulse/item are the tasks that need to be done for that campaign. These subtasks have their own ‘numbers’ column to measure the workload.

In other boards, the normal items/pulses are tasks with their own ‘numbers’ column that measures workload.

Needless to say, I need to measure the time from the sub-items and normal items together, but that isn’t possible. When choosing the workload widget, one has to choose to measure items or sub-items. It would be nice that could be an option across different boards like Monday is giving us that option with other stats. I.e. ‘Choose the status column on each board’ or ‘Choose de Date on each board’.

Does someone has a workaround already? Because now I have 2 workload widgets, one that measures the sub-items and another one that shows me all other normal items.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Noah

This is a highly requested feature +1
Could be optional like view items / view subitems / view items+subitems.

4 Likes

@smitsnoah
I have built a custom monday app called “Team View” to track and manage workload and resources more easily with monday. It has sub items support as well as lot more other features. Please visit Team View website for getting started. Make sure to watch the hands on video as well.

1 Like

@thusitha Hi, I’m having some difficulty connecting my board to the Widget. For some reason I get a message that I do not have a time estimate column on the board and I do have. Do you have any idea why this is happening (my time estimation column is a number column)?
Second thing, I notice that unlike the MONDAY widget there is no daily level display option here?
I would appreciate your response.

Am testing your Team View but am unable to recreate the same weekly workload dashboard view that’s available on Monday.com which allows us to see capacity constraint or excess by resource by week. Is that possible in Team View?

Same issue here, and haven’t found a work-around, including the Team View app mentioned further below. For us this is by far the biggest deficiency of Monday.com.

Agreed. Very frustrating that this item is still open. The Teams view app really isn’t what we’re looking for. We would much prefer the Workload widget come with the option to individually select the time columns from sub-items or parent items for each board connected in the widget. Is there any progress on making this happen?

1 Like

Hey everyone! Passing on this feedback to our product team to see if it is something in our roadmap

1 Like

We also need this to be fixed. I don’t know how many hours I’ve spent trying to figure out how to (1) unevenly split hours among team members (found that subitems was a potential work around) and (2) get the subitems to display accurately in the workload view or widget (even though I select subitems, it’s still only showing the parent item and it’s evenly split). The workload view was a big selling point for us for Monday.com, but we are having problems getting it to actually work effectively.

Hi everyone!

Wanted to let you know this has been released! Our product team takes our community request seriously when making decisions about the upcoming roadmap and the more votes, the more likely you will be able to see a response about the status of your request from our team!

Hope you enjoy this feature and keep voting on your favorites :slight_smile:

Hey @Julietteb We really appreciate all your hard work in updating us when new features are released. Is there anyway you could share an example of the feature working or show where it’s located or share a link or something when you share the updated so that we don’t have to go searching for it? I have personally spent upwards of 45 min looking for updated features in monday.com :sweat_smile:

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Hey @IDreamdev.

Yes you can find the new features by having a look at our released feature in our “feature request category” and use the filters to choose "released " or “on the roadmap.” After hearing feedback from the community, we also added a status of "long term roadmap" to give you more insights into which features we can expect in the near future and which ones may take a little longer.

You can also register to get notified about changes for a specific feature by choosing the topic you are interested in and then clicking on the options from the notifications bell on the right.

Learn more about how our roadmap works here → All you need to know about our new Feature Request process

Hope you are enjoying the community and if you have any questions or suggestions, i am here to listen.