Connect Boards and Status Changes

If I have two connected boards with shared items, is there a way to set up an automation so that when a status changes to “Done” it changes the status in the connected board’s item as well?

My team member is wanting to have a project that is marked “Done” in his individual board to also change status in the master project list board that the item originated from. That way both items are moved to the Done/Completed groups within the separate boards.

Thank you!

This is a much needed improvement!

Did you find a way to do this? I am looking for something similar as well.

If you mirror the status to each corresponding board you can use the following automation on change of the mirror status, change the local board status:

This is one of the few stock automations that accept the use of mirror columns. Please note - you cannot use a custom automation for this, it has to be from the automation center.

Basically: When {mirror status} changes to Done, change {Status} to Done.

Hope this helps,
Mark

2 Likes

Thank you!!! This has been VERY helpful!

Thank you. However, I need the status of my connecting boarding board to change the mirror status and it won’t let me select the Mirror column as the second status for some reason.

Hi @lambchop11179
You can use the VLOOKUP to keep the status column in two boards linked and synced. First, determine which column in each board provides the status information. Then, in the second board, build a VLOOKUP recipe that refers to the first board’s status column.

As a result, anytime the status in the first board changes, the status in the second board will be automatically updated.

I hope this was helpful! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Cherryl

Hi @lambchop11179 - It will work, just mirror the status on each board (two-way), and initiate the change in status from the other board :slight_smile: