Copy Column and Paste in a different Board

Pretty much an essential feature that’s locked behind their highest pay wall.

This program is some hot useless garbage

We’re on Pro subscription, the level below Enterprise and we see this:

Absolutely ridiculous limitation.

3 Likes

I’m not monday, don’t blame me for missing functionality :slight_smile:

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

You can now copy and paste columns across boards using the Toolkit app.

Just select which columns you would like to copy over to the other board and paste. It’s that simple :sunglasses:

Here is a community post which further describes the app

If you need any help with the app, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com

It is an excellent idea, could even include an automated process, as there is no way to copy the mirror data column automatically to another board, as it does not recognise the values.

Looks like they’ve broken this now as part of the paywalling. (Tried it on both web and Windows app)

1 Like

I would love the ability to copy a column to another board.

Use case:
We set up a default status column that works for most of our boards. We also set up templates that we can use for specific cases. However, sometimes we have a board that we are working on and would like to copy over specific functionality to a similar board so we do not have to redo the work. An example of this would be a column with drop-down menu items or a status column with many options and specific colors.

This could be as simple as a menu option when clicking into the column menu → Copy to Board.

I’ve tried dragging the column to another board and it actually appears to accept it, but then when you visit the target board it is not there.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hi @rick

Totally hear you! This might be on their list to add. posted it a while back.

Yikes, sorry for the repost! I’ll delete this. Thanks!

1 Like

I agree, this would save us from a lot of rework in that we could reuse Status & Dropdown lists across our boards rather than recreating

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! I see that this request is almost a year old. Has anything like this been added? Has anyone figured out a good workaround? Thanks in advance!

Good news, bad news.

The good news: There are now Column Templates available, which are freakin’ awesome.

I’m not sure if it’s even a documented feature, but I found that when I declare a column to be a template, any changes to it (like adding another status) automagically show up on all the other boards using that column template.

The bad news? Column Templates are an Enterprise feature.

1 Like

Yep. Pro plans miss out. :rage:

Only Enterprise? Because only people in an enterprise would appreciate this helpful, time-saving functionality?

3 Likes

Goosing this. Request was back in 2019, can we PLEASE get this feature? Especially when creating a robust Status or Dropdown menu, it is a colossal pain to recreate. Just let us “Copy to Another Board” or drag & drop. It can’t possibly be that much of a development lift.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:
You can now copy to another board using the Duplicates and Uniques app. I have already written an answer here on how to do that and can find more info about the app here. We hope you give the app a try and should you have any question, you can reach out at support@kolaai.com.

Thank you.

Hi @kolaai,

Will the column copy feature also copy the column ID?
In our case we use make.com to automate some monday.com operations and it would obvisously be easier if the same columns have the same IDs across boards.

Hello @vibusd,
The copy feature doesn’t copy the column ids. Column ids are automatically generated by monday.com

Thank you for quick reply :slight_smile:

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

You can now copy and paste columns across boards using the Toolkit app.

Just select which columns you would like to copy over to the other board and paste. It’s that simple :sunglasses:

Here is a community post which further describes the app

If you need any help with the app, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com