Copy Column and Paste in a different Board

Seriously, Monday this should be part of Pro licenses. SMH

6 Likes

I’ve been looking for an answer to this, as this is a pretty basic necessity even for small start-up size team (read: my company). It’s going to hurt adoption A LOT that this is an enterprise feature and not included on Pro plans.

4 Likes

A column copy feature would be fantastic. I’m currently trying to copy email addresses from one board to another. Since no copy column feature (and the column template doesn’t work for email) exists, I used the mirroring initially only to discover that when I used the mirrored column emails (directly emailed from the board) the pulse updates went to the originating board, NOT the current board. Would be nice to be able to copy the email addresses in the column easily or have the mirror column update the pulse in the board it is currently on and not the parent board. Thanks!

2 Likes

So frustrating that this is only available for enterprise. Now I have to manually set up the same exact column on 20 boards!

3 Likes

WTF Monday! How can this be for enterprise only??? Can a Monday rep please justify this? @Julia-monday.com you can’t honestly think this is cool or fair? Like why announce how exciting it is, when majority of us can’t use it? I’m on a pro plan too. Where is the support for small business? Looks like I’ll be stuck wasting time rebuilding columns, wouldn’t you want me to be saving time to grow the business to the stage where we require enterprise plan for fundamental reasons? It’s times like this you start keeping your eye’s open for other solutions and stop recommending Monday to others. Can see there are already several complaints about this, yet nothing has been done?

6 Likes

Yes it is bad and clearly going by other posts here, I’m not alone in the disappointment. @basdebruin you may also have a biased opinion for the Monday.com corporation, seeing you develop apps for their marketplace.

To be clear, I do like the marketplace side of things, good on you for getting in there but I know you make apps for it, so fair enough… You wanna stick up for Monday but unless there’s a fair reason for why monday leaves this for enterprise??? I rest my case in a more polite manner;

I see this feature for enterprise only as an oversight for Monday pro users and it should be made available. There is no reason why me having use of the feature is allowing me to get away with not upgrading to enterprise. The difference between accounts is a hug price tag and this feature isn’t an enterprise feature, it’s a basic template creator, that any web building app has.

2 Likes

@tommy_H
I am not standing up for monday.com (although I am a fan). I simply object to the language you use.

@Julia-monday.com ??? Are you able to update us as to why Pro users are unable to use this function? Has the request been raised?

1 Like

Just want to leave my voice. I have now created a dropdown with 101 items. Would be grand (and logical) that I don’t have to do that for every board… Ridiculous that this is behind the enterprise.

6 Likes

I agree that this feature should be available in the Pro plan. However I am equally or even more disappointed that there has been no response from anyone at Monday.com. One would assume that is because they do not have any justification for this.

3 Likes

I am sad.

This feature should be available to pro users.

4 Likes

Very disappointing indeed.

My relationship with Monday is like the kind where I’ve simply invested too much time on the tool and my team has too that we can’t easily back out now and start over with a new tool and new headaches.

This one feature has wasted hours of my time bouncing back and form trying to match colors and texts on different boards for consistency and just falling sure. Very ridiculous way to squeeze your clients to upgrade. Or perhaps it is indeed an oversight but I have my doubts.

3 Likes

Very frustrating that this feature is locked unless on Enterprise. Having set up various status columns it’s very annoying not to be able to use them across different boards.

2 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: , this is Alfred from Kolaai.

All the issues mentioned here can now be achieved using the Duplicates and Uniques app.
I have put together a fairly comprehensive demo video that explains how to achieve the needed results using the app, though I would like to add that, the app can achieve way more than what is shown in the video. The video only concentrates on using the app to copy items between groups (without adding the ‘copy’ word), between boards, saving and using column templates, excluding some columns or column values when copying, etc.

The app can be found in the marketplace here and here is a community post that further describes more of the features of the app.

The demo video can be found here.

Column templates video here

Hope you find the app useful. Should you have any question, you can always contact at support@kolaai.com.

Thank you.

1 Like

Indeed frustrating! This basic feature should be available even for standard subscription users.

Oz.

1 Like

Can Pro users access this copy and paste column feature yet? Has anyone found a workaround? I feel like copying data manually from one column to another is an absolute waste of time. Using Monday was meant to streamline our workflow but constantly hitting snags on simple functions like this is frustrating.

@Julia-monday.com Can we expect this issue to be resolved? When will Pro users be able to save their columns as templates? How can Pro users copy data from one column to another on the same board?

3 Likes

true … if they keep some basic features only for enterprise then , there is no fun in Monday.com

3 Likes

Can this work with subitems? I’m struggling to duplicate 15 columns we have in a client project to the other 25 clients projects without having to add them all manually

Hello,
Unfortunately, at the moment, the app doesn’t support subitems

Quick-ish Work Around
If you are looking to copy a dropdown menu with its labels from one board to another (note: this will not copy the current item statuses, this is for copying the labels only).

• Begin by making a new Group on the board that has the dropdown menu labels you want.
  • Create one new item.
  • Go to the dropdown you want labels from.
  • Ctrl + click the items, on PC the menu will stay open and you can click on the labels quickly.
  • You should have one item with all the labels in it now.
  • Then make sure you have another board ready with a dropdown menu to transfer this Group to.
  • When your board is ready move the new Group you made to this new board.
  • Whatever labels are in the item you moved will now be added to the new board.
  • You could do this for several dropdown columns at once.
  • This will not copy over your old items though unless you select all the groups, duplicate them with updates and then move them to the board (hassle, but faster than manually entering them).

Hope this helps someone.

2 Likes