Creating a board where I can see all tasks assigned to a specific owner across all boards in workspace

Hi,
I have several boards in a workspace. In every board, there are multiple items, and under each item there are sub-items that represent tasks that need to be done by someone, each of the sub-items assigned an owner.
I would like to build a board where the team manager will be able to see all of the tasks (across all boards) grouped by owner name, or something similar.
How can I achieve that?
Thanks,
Jeni.

1 Like

Hi @jeni.osternik !

This is a great question, but there are many ways to go about doing this also.

One suggestion I might make is creating a dashboard and connecting up to 20 boards to see all of the items assigned to a person. In that dashboard you could use the workload widget, a gantt chart, a stacked bar chart, or even the board view with filters to get this specific list of items assigned to one person.

If you are looking for an individual users items, you can always change the settings in My Work to see all things assigned without having to work with the board connection limitations.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Doesn’t My Work have board limitations too? We have over 100 boards and this is a HUGE issue.

Hi @jeni.osternik
Do you need the statuses from your individual boards to be synced to the high level board? If yes, you can do the steps below.

1. Create a connection column in the subitem and connect it to the high level board.
  2. Create mirror columns of the columns you need including the status column.
  3. When you create a task as a subitem, you’ll need to add it via connection column. This will create the item to the high level board with connection to the subitem (task) from the individual board.
  4. For the groupings, you can simply create a filter and save it as a new view in the high level board.

Let me know if you need help setting this up.

Hey @goldenmesa,

We’d firstly like to welcome you to the Community! :slight_smile:

We are sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues with our My Work feature. Currently My Work is limited to 50 boards and 1000 items. We recognize that this is clearly causing issues for your workflow, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to our product team for review, and hope at some point in the future we can accomodate for additional items and boards.

As for a workaround, would @paulronolo suggestion be relevant to you too? We agree that a high level board that is connected to the subitems of each individual board is a clear, and effective place to start.

Let us know!

Warmly,
Bianca