Creating a dashboard with many widgeds without having to do this individually for every widget

I have 41 folders set up exactly the same way and containing one dashboard and two boards. The dashboard contains three widgets. Two are battery widgets summarizing two different aspects of the first board and the other is a battery widget summarizing the status of the second board.
I would like to have a dashboard that contains all of the battery widgets that are linked to the second board of each folder. And maybe one battery widget that summarizes the cumulative progress of all of these widgets.
Is there a way to do this without having to create each widget individually?
For the widget overviewing all other widgets I do not see how I can add 41 boards to it, as after about 20 boards I cannot add one more.

Hi @DarkerWing - and welcome to the community! There is a dashboard/board limitation which is increased once you go to Enterprise licensing, this gives you a max of 50.

Another option would be to review your architecture. Dashboard reporting in monday, while powerful, can be a nightmare when dealing with dozens of boards. We like to implement master task tracking solutions where all reportable data is contained within a single board and identified by Project, Event, etc… This way all of your reporting is based on a single board which makes life a breeze and you don’t run into the board limitations.

I would be happy to discuss either option further if needed.

Take care,
Mark

1 Like

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply! Since I need the broad overview only for my pleasure to know how far I am with all my tasks, it is no option to convince my superiors to change to enterprise licensing.
So remains the second option. But entering “master task tracking” in the help did not give me any relevant hints. Can you please point me at a link where I could read more about it?

But honestly, it took me about 6 hours to set up all Borard and Dashboards I need and I doubt I want to change the architecture I have now. Maybe for the next time.

Still out of curiosity, would it be possible on such a big board to give access to only part of it to the involved parties?

Best,

Claudio

Hi @DarkerWing - You can add permissions to columns on the board with your current Pro plan, or if you later decide to upgrade to Enterprise, you can limit which rows someone can see on a board.

If you would like to know more about Enterprise, I’d be happy to give you a private tour and demo and answer all your questions. You can book one at the link below if you are interested in learning more.

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner
CEO & Principal Consultant, Polished Geek

Book a Consultation with a monday․com expert: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

1 Like