Ability to "select all boards" within dashboard widgets

Our team uses over 40 boards. I’m excited about the new ‘workload’ widget, but need all of my team’s work visible to make it accurate & useful. Currently we are limited to selecting 10 boards, so the information is only 1/4 of my team’s actual workloads.

Unless there is a way to select all your boards and I just can’t find it…

Hey @eglasier
Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out!

I’ve sent you a message in private about this :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Julia

Hi Julia, I am looking to do the same in terms of selecting all boards to a workload widget. Can you let me know how this can be done?

Hello @Julia-monday.com I’d love to speak to someone about this as well. We’re a smaller company so Enterprise doesn’t seem to be the right fit but we’re already over that 25 board limit anyway. We would love to be able to have more boards talk to each other in the dashboard for capacity and scheduling management.

1 Like

This would be a nice feature to have.

Or to be able to select all of the boards within a folder - that would work too

4 Likes

True, we also asked about this. There is no point in the dashboard with the restrictions.

2 Likes

What is the reason to limit this on 10 boards. Is this for performance issues? Is this to try to get companies to enterprise?
For me it is a bit annoying not being able to use the battery and the resource planner to its full potential since we work on more then ten boards. Weird.

5 Likes

Agreed. I can’t think of any other similar software which imposes such arbitrary limits when most of us want to see data for all boards, account-wide.

1 Like

Same for us: we are a 10 people company and just switched to Monday, and we have already a bit more than 10 task boards.

Some rare widgets have board blacklist (my week), some have whitelists. Why not normalize this board choosing, and get rid of the limit? Is it a performance thing?

By the way, I asked the price of the entreprise price and it’s unthinkable for a company below 50 people.

Please message us as well, @Julia-monday.com. I need this for my team and my clients.

@Julia-monday.com Hi Julia is there anything planned for this one. Definitely a key enhancement for us!

@Julia-monday.com
I am looking to do the same in terms of selecting all boards to a workload widget. Can you let me know how this can be done?

Hi @Julia-monday.com, our team also just made the move to Monday in hopes that it covered our resourcing needs as well. I’m only just discovering the limitation to 10 boards this morning which won’t work for us considering we’ll probably have 30ish boards/projects at a time.

I also found it frustrating to not be able to filter by team, but we can definitely work around that for now. Are there any plans to remove this 10 board limitation any time soon?

3 Likes

Hi @Julia-monday.com,

Please message me as well.

Also, I wonder why you do not just answer here so everyone can see ?
To be honest I am rather disappointed with the level of feedback you (monday) are providing and it makes me wonder if we should look elsewhere for a project mgmt-tool. We love monday and use it for all of our projects, but we need a tool that can handle way more than e.g 10 boards in dashboards in order to e.g manage resources.

Looking forward to your response :slight_smile:

Best regards,

3 Likes

@Julia-monday.com My team desperately needs to be able to see ALL our 30+ boards in the calendar view so we can see an overview of everyone’s tasks for all projects. Please advise on how this can be done. I pushed my team to go to Monday and they’re not happy with it because it is missing this one critical feature - the 10 board limit is incredibly limiting

3 Likes

@Julia-monday.com - me too on this one. Please let me know how to use dashboard widgets for more than 10 boards. It’s a remarkably and paralyzingly low limit. Anybody who uses a board to manage a client and has more than 10 clients suddenly has zero utility from the dashboards. (That’s us.)

2 Likes

Oh. That’s discouraging. I see I also tagged @Julia-monday.com on May 1st to get help and I don’t think I’ve heard back.

For the record, reporting problems because of this limitation just lost me a client and cost me $2,500. So, yeah, it’s a big deal.

(If you are interested in the details, they have 30-50 clients at any given time and they needed aggregated reporting. I spent countless hours trying to solve the problem and thus provided an extremely delayed response on deliverables - trying to find workarounds - and it cost me the relationship). My fault in not managing expectations properly. But, the dozens and dozen of wasted hours trying to find workarounds were debilitating (also my fault). However, it would have been worlds easier to keep that client (and get others like them) if this had been available.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you all. I’ve asked @Danielle-monday.com to respond here as she is currently the CX who is on this domain and can give a better explanation on why it is currently limited and what’s planned next.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi everybody!

We are aware of the need to increase the amount of boards on the dashboards and are working to allow this soon! I cannot provide an ETA at the moment but know that we hear you and are planning on increasing this as soon as possible!

While we wish we could grant unlimited boards on the dashboard, this will cause performance issues we wish to avoid.

We thank you for your patience!

Danielle

4 Likes

Thanks! After more digging, I found that if we could just see the My Week view in a calendar form, that would be exactly what we need. Maybe that wouldn’t be as taxing on the platform?