Creating a formula that adds or subtracts 2 columns based on what is chosen in the status column

Hey, I’m just wondering if it is at all possible to create a formula that either adds or subtracts two columns based on whatever is chosen in the status column (in my case it is the Ordered/Stock column). One of the columns is a number column but the other one is a mirror column from a connected board. I’m trying to make a formula that will automatically change the “Stock” mirror column based on what I enter into the “Quantity” number column and the “Ordered/Stock” status column. I have attached a screenshot of my board to better clarify what I’m referring to. What is the best way to go about this?

monday.com formula

I know this may not be possible but I’ve been banging my head against a wall trying to figure this out. Help would be appreciated!

Hi Jared,

A formula column can’t change another column.
You’d need to use the Advanced Formula Booster for this. It is a 3rd-party app that allows you to create formulas that cast their results to any type of column.

So, provided your connection to the other board is bi-directional, you could create a formula that modifies the Stock column which value would be then reflected in the other board.

It could be as simple as

{Stock}=IF({Ordered/Stock}=“Deployed from GBS Stock”,MINUS({Stock},{Quantity}))

1 Like

I was hoping it would be possible without a plugin, but that makes sense. Thank you, I appreciate your help!