Custom Automations and Action Button (Command Button column)

Hello guys, i present to you two feature request we need ASAP

1. I need to have enabled custom automations having de possibility to interact with other columns than dates and status (example numbers, formulas and make logical comparisons to do some actions).

2. Why dont to have an ACTION BUTTON to do some actions like automations, in cases i have to make a desicion, i know you can do the trick with a STATUS column, but if you want to do various actions based on the same pulse you have to change status various times, so why not an ACTION BUTTON for actions (combined with custom automations) that doesnt require an automation.

1 Like

I agree! This will help on so many levels.

1 Like

Hello, any news on upcoming custom automations???

Hi @hlopezvc! No formal ETA but it is in the works and testing phase! Stay tuned, we’ll be sure to update here when we have more information! Cheers!

hi @lauralev

Any news on a “button” solution. Especially now with apps taking off it is important to have something to trigger an action as not all events within monday are handled by triggers. Examples are:

• delete item (trigger not available)
  • column_change_trigger does not fire when items are added (eg. through a form) or deleted

Therefore I upvoted this request as I really think we need something like a button per:

• item (a button column?)
  • group (just before the group title?)
  • board (just before the board title?)
3 Likes

Hey guys!

Just wanted to check back in and make sure that you saw that we now have both custom automations and the action button!

You can read about each of the features here:
Custom automations
The Button column

We would love to hear your feedback after trying them out!

2 Likes

ohh wow @Becca-monday.com. Very nice to see the button column. One of my monday app features can really use that. Is it already available to use in apps / integration features / recipe builder?

Hi @Becca-monday.com, i have tried the button column and i think there is some basic actions missing to give it all his potential:

• Make it compatible with Subitem automation recipes (example create subitem instead of item)
  • The create item functions doesnt allow to select or concatenate and put original field content on new item (you have to type the new item content and that´s not right).
  • Allow in the recipes other options: example: Create item in (Other board).
3 Likes

The button column is a great start. Agree with @hlopezvc request for additional recipes, specifically Create item in (other board).

More broadly, please also consider adding additional (all) field options to the additional conditions (currently limited to person and status).

1 Like