Customize notifications when inviting users to boards

This is so infuriating. I want to add people who have requested my team to do tasks in my team’s board and roughly plan who in my team could own those tasks.

I added the requestors and team members and woke up to a barrage of Slacks and questions about what I had assigned to them. I wanted no notifications (at least until we discussed it in a planning session).

1 Like

It would be so nice if we had an option on the people column that says “notify yes/no”. Set it to “no”, do your rough planning and when finished, switch it to “yes”. It would be even better if people assigned to tasks get notified:

• when they are assigned while the setting is “yes” (as is, leading to multiple notifications)
  • just ONE notification for the complete boards when the option is flipped from “no” to “yes”, like: “you are assigned to 7 tasks in board xyz”

@Julia-monday.com any idea if this in on the roadmap?

7 Likes

I want this too. I want to add people to plans and play around with who is assigned to what. I don’t want people getting these notifications while I’m still playing around with planning and resourcing. Thanks.

Hi all! Thanks for the feedback on this. I agree with all you said and happy to inform we are working on a solution to enable assigning users without automatically notifying them. No eta yet, we just started exploring this option but it is something we will address.
Updates to follow!
Thanks

8 Likes

I wish there was a “like” or a “vote” button because this suggestion is so great. Good to hear that Monday.com is working on a solution, hopefully it will be avaialble soon. Good work @straister for sending this absolutely amazing feature suggestion!
CUDOS!

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in @ElliBA - there is a voting button at the top of this page. I think a lot of people comment and like the comments/workarounds and some forget to vote. If you can, that would be great! This is still something the team struggles with, and thus we shut of notifications when we add new users, except when
1- allowed from automations - automation for people column alerts can be set per board (purposeful) and yet can be muted during planning :+1:
2-tagged in a comment☁️
3-replies to comments (since many from email and can’t tag)

they can add themselves back, but it has not been an issue so far and this (though painful and users can miss things where people forget to tag), has gotten us by

thanks @BoazArad :+1:t2:

@BoazArad - does the solution include adding “dummy” users. For example, I want to track which tasks are tasked to “client” or tasks that include our whole team without actually assigning them, just for tracking purposes on the backend. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m interested in adding people/names that aren’t users yet. I work in a shared services space that supports many internal groups of clients. We are unable to support the onboarding of all of our clients at one time & want to give our shared services folks the opportunity to pilot the process with a select number of users while not having to managed their work/process in two places (a board in monday & the previously managed spreadsheet).

1 Like

Hi all! Thanks for the feedback on this. I agree with all you said and happy to inform we are working on a solution to enable assigning users without automatically notifying them. No eta yet, we just started exploring this option but it is something we will address.
Updates to follow!
Thanks

Any update/ETA on this, Boaz?

1 Like

I’d like to be able to assign people (and guests) to tasks on a private staging board (i.e. so they can’t see it, get no notifications for) and then they are notified when the task moves to the active boards. I think this is in the same vein as this, unless there are other workarounds.

1 Like

Glad to hear this! It’s really important for us with capacity planning.

+1 for this feature request

1 Like

@BoazArad 9 months since your last post, any updates?

I am keen for this feature also. I want to add my team into the platform to monitor all the workstreams we have. I intend to use it instead of my spreadsheet to keep track of tasks and be able to provide high-level updates to executives etc. on the fly. I have no intention of inviting any of my team to interact on the platform.

I am testing it at the moment through the trial version and this function will be the difference on whether I subscribe to Monday.com or look for an alternative.

Thanks, Will.

1 Like

We were moving forward with using Monday for resource planning but may now scale back usage of Monday for this reason. We are unable to create private boards for resource allocation in the planning stage.

+1 for this feature request

Is there an update on this? Is it slated on the roadmap?

I am very interested in this solution. I would love to be able to add people top a task that are not linked to Monday.com. Clients or business partners my not want to be invited or want to log into Monday.com but there parts of a project still require tracking. this is a huge issue for this solution and should be fixed ASAP.

Also @BoazArad I think we are all on the edge of our seat for an update.

We’d benefit from being able to disable notifications on a People column as well. Our use case is to record a list of communication recipients; they shouldn’t be notified that they’re on the Monday item when it’s originally assigned to them but should be available to use with ‘notify’ logic in automation.

+1 for this important feature also. Any news about date availability ?