Dashboard or Project Level View of Multiple Boards using Filter

Hi
We are a property management company and have several boards that represent different functions of our business (i.e. rent collection, evictions, move-in, move-outs, etc), but I am struggling to have a holistic view of all of the items in a 1 dashboard view. The dashboards are great but we can’t filter on a specific building without filtering by each board (which is really cumbersome).
Has anyone found a work-around or add-on app that helps provide this full visibility- Specifically an ideal use case would be a dashboard where I can do 1 dashboard wide filter on “Property A” and then it will show me all the items/sub-items that match that criteria across multiple boards.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey there! Do you think a Dropdown Column in your boards with the different building types as dropdown options could be helpful here? Then, you can filter by the Dropdown Column options in your Dashboard.

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a similar issue. I would like to summarize or create a report that gives me a view of tasks across multiple boards.

In my scenario, our employees each have the same set of Groups on their respective boards, the groups representing projects in our company. Each employee has a different set of tasks they are responsible for on a project. I’d like to create filters for open tasks for each group on my board.

example: A view of all the late tasks on Project A and who owns those tasks.

Again, I apologize for hijacking the thread but I think we’re both looking for the same answer.

2 Likes

I also have a similar issue with projects, where we need to have one view from multiple boards (all boards are similar in structure and all have the columns we want to filter by with the same name and column type).

For example, I want to see all tasks where “Status” = In progress (Column “Status” exists in all boards and the options in it in all of the boards are exactly the same - made from the same board template).

We tried using a dashboard (Table widget) but could not select from all board.

Any idea on how we can do this?

This might be a workaround to OP’s issue, but if I understand you correctly, Charlotte, it would require the creation of yet another board, versus simply creating a Dashboard report that could (hopefully) scan across multiple boards. I have a similar issue. We have several low-level boards, each with multiple Groups, with items (rows) that are “tagged” as of particular interest to the CEO, and so would like to report status on all of those tagged items, which span multiple Boards/Groups. Would be great if this was available as a Dashboard report within Monday without having to export to Excel and filter, or purchase a 3rd-party app.

If a 3rd party add-on is an option for you, I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful. With Screenful, you can create charts and lists across any number of boards. Here’s an example Task list:

You can freely configure the columns in the list. You can place the charts in the Monday dashboard, or you can schedule them to be sent as reports to selected recipients.

You can learn more about the reports or start a free trial.

Hi all,

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our Kanbanify app in the monday.com marketplace!

Kanbanify streamlines your workflow by connecting multiple boards to one powerful Kanban view where you can add filters to prioritize your/your teams work and stay focused.

There is also a free plan to get you started!

This is just the beginning! We’re constantly adding new features based on your feedback. Let us know what you think and suggest features you’d love to see!

Thank you,

Stela (Head of marketing)

Appstorm

Hi there! I recommend trying out the appSame Item Multiple Boards - This app allows you to add the same item across multiple boards, ensuring that updates and changes are automatically synced across all boards

Hi all,

We’ve heard your requests for a multiple board Kanban view, and we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our Kanbanify app in the monday.com marketplace!

Kanbanify streamlines your workflow by connecting multiple boards to one powerful Kanban view where you can add filters to prioritize your/your teams work and stay focused.

There is also a free plan to get you started!

This is just the beginning! We’re constantly adding new features based on your feedback. Let us know what you think and suggest features you’d love to see!

Thank you,

Stela (Head of marketing)

Appstorm