Delay between board update and API data availability

Hi,
I have noticed that after updating a board, the changes are not visible in the API for up to 3/5 minutes.

More precisely, let’s say I add an email address in a board’s column, and I search for such email using GraphQL straight after the update is made:

query { items_by_column_values (board_id: xxxxxx ,column_id: “email_1” , column_value: “test@test.com”) {id name} }

The response does not find a match:
{ “data”: { “items_by_column_values”: }, “account_id”: xxxxxx }

But if I wait up to 2/3/5 minutes, and I keep querying the API the response finally comes back.

This has been tested from both the GraphQL Developers platform and my own APIs code

Thank you

Hello @marcodg!

Matias here!

That sounds quite odd. I would love to investigate this further. Could you please send us an email at appsupport@monday.com explaining the issue and specifying the board ID, user and precise timestamp (with location) of the last time you saw this issue so we can take a closer look?

Looking forward to hearing from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
-Matias

Hello,

I have the same problem, did you find a solution ?

Thanks,
Gaspar.

Hi,
I have reported the issue to Matias and the Developers team, and they told me they will work on reducing this delay.
I haven’t noticed particular improvements yet to be honest, so I am not sure when this update will be done unfortunately.

I’ve found this same issue. I’m guessing it is a delay while data is indexed.

I’ve found this to be an issue in two scenarios…

1. When I add an item to a board, then search items in the board to find it, I cannot find it for a few minutes.

2. If I delete an item, then search items in the board to find that item, it continues to be returned for a few minutes.

I’m using Integromat, which I assume uses your API. I don’t get errors, just a latency in seeing the results of my changes. This problem means I can’t count on the API returning the correct set of items. Please address this!