Duplicate a board with V2 API

Hi @dsilva

With regards to getting a list of (account) templates through the PAI I am wondering how you doe it yourself in the automation recipe “When status change … create a new board”. In this automation you can select to create a board from a list of templates. This is exactly what I need to do in a custom recipe.

We were told that all the existing automation recipes can be replicated with the use of custom integrations, but I can’t figure out how to replicate this one.

@basdebruin

That’s quite odd - I’ll take a closer look at this with the developers on my end, as I was able to see my own account template IDs. One thing I’d like to clarify is if you are seeing the template IDs for individual templates, for example, the Team Tasks template in your account?

Just to clarify on this a bit further, some templates in the template store are Solutions, AKA combo-templates, meaning that they include multiple boards and thus are not supported by using our API. I’ll talk to the team to perhaps state that in the template store somewhere, as it might make sense to clear that up :slight_smile:

-Alex

hi @AlexSavchuk

I just checked and I now do see the id’s for the prebuild templates. Looks something has changed in the template centre, so this part is good news :slight_smile:

The other part is to get a list of (account) templates through the API. As shown in my previous post on this topic the builtin automation does do exactly what I want. Therefore I am wondering how to replicate this.

@basdebruin

Thank you for checking that out so quickly, that’s awesome :slight_smile:

To be transparent with you, I just checked our internal planning board and while I’ve posted the template ID suggestion to the team, it seems like we haven’t been able to include this in our schedule just yet. I’ll make sure to point that one out as a useful and welcome change to the API, and hopefully, we’ll be able to implement this in the future.

-Alex

sorry to hijack, i have been trying to do this exact thing, but using Integromat with a HTTP Request.

using the following request:
{
“query”: “mutation create_board {board_name: “Test”, board_kind: public, template_id: xxxxxxxx}”
}

I keep getting a 400 error.

could anyone help?

Hey @Reg,

Usually a 400 error is due to the query string being passed along to the API.

Could you make sure your query string is passed with the “query” key? Also I would make sure your request is a POST with JSON body, with no unterminated strings.

-Daniel

Hey @dsilva

thanks for the response. it worked!

i was using the incorrect field in Integromat.

1 Like

Hey @Reg - glad that worked! Let us know if we can help with anything else.

-Daniel