Duplicate Automations

Is there a way to Duplicate an Automation? I have several Automations that are very similar. Maybe just one of the criteria is different. Sometimes it takes a while to drill down to the specific Automation in the Automation Center.

It would be nice to be able to make a copy of one, change the one criteria and then save it.

The other option would be to have a “Favorites” category for Automations, for us that use the same Automation over and over (and across other Boards).

20 Likes

Hey Doug,

We currently don’t have the option to duplicate automations within a board. This might be added in the future but I don’t have an exact ETA for it. The only time an automation will duplicate is if you duplicate the board (doesn’t work yet for cross board automations).

I love your idea about the “favorites”! :slight_smile:
I am passing this feedback to our product team so they can review it!

Let us know if you have any more questions!
Lea

10 Likes

This would help SO much! Also the following related to the functionality of automations - would help!
When double checking all automations are set-up, it’s hard to find anything in the massive scrolling list!
1 - allow sorting within the board automations pop-up - this would allow us to see groups of our automations that start with the same text in order of the text used - allowing us to see all of the same types of automations together AS WELL AS all of the same types of automations for the same column together.
2 - allow searching within the board automations pop-up within board automations - because we do not have a way to search, if we could use some key words (like the wonderful search ON the board), it would make our quality check more efficient, as well as make it easier to do the tedious re-creation of multiple automations we can’t otherwise copy or "favorite"

3 Likes

This would be super useful. Also, can we have groups within automations based on people or teams or something. There are so many automations!

1 Like

Hey @kswiss50 - I’ll be sure to pass on your support for this feature as well! In terms of the automation groups, are you thinking new ways to categorize the automations available within the automations center or the ability to group similar automations that you’ve created on your boards? I’d love to learn more about this!

Got it! Thanks for sharing those additional details. I saw your reply on this thread as well and will take this to my team - Allow for naming of automation and integration

Yes, this feature is needed. I’m having to repeatedly create the same automations for different boards.

1 Like

+1 for the duplication of automations! Also +1 for sorting and grouping of automations!

2 Likes

Another vote for the sorting of automations! This is very very needed! I also vote for the duplicating or favorites for automations, but would like to suggest another option to this would be a drop-down/select option where you could select which boards you would like to apply the automation to.

3 Likes