Duplicate board with same items but with different Groups

I want to create a second Board with exactly the same items but with different groups.:
In Board 1, the items are arranged in groups defined by the Project Stage:

• 0-Idea
  • 1-Define
  • 2-Design
  • 3-Mobilise
  • 4-Build
  • 5-Transition

I want to mirror the same items in another board but using different groups:

• Portfolio 1
  • Portfolio 2
  • Portfolio 3

I have 2 sets of people who need to regularly review the items (Projects) but need different views, also the dashboards/charts I need to produce are dependent on having different groups.

Finally the items can be edited in either board and will be updated in both.

I’ve thought about an automation that will create the item in the second board when it is added to the first but I can’t find a way of then moving it to the right group based on the value in a column. There are Status columns that map onto the Group Names but when the column is mirrored the column in the second board changes from Type Status to Type Mirror and you can’t use it in an automation?? Using a Status Change automation in the first board won’t work either because if the status changes several times the item is duplicated in the second board, rather than updated.
Thanks in Advance
Neil

Hey Neil,

I hear where you’re coming from here…

Transparently, I believe the way to do this is similar to what you described.

Utilising the “when item created, create item in Board X”

I understand that you’re having issues with the mirrored status column to move items to the correct group. I am not entirely sure if you were alluding to this recipe however I wanted to mention that we do have a recipe that supports the mirrored status column and would just require you to set up a native status column in your secondary board to facilitate the move to the correct group (via the mirrored status column).

This is the recipe:

For your case, you would need to set up a native status column to match that mirrored status column. With that set up, you can set up another recipe to move the item to the correct group once that native status column has changed…

Does this make sense? :pray:

Hi Bianca,
I think (?) I understand. Do you mean that in board 1 I have 1 status column (Called STATUS) and in board 2 I have 2 status columns (MIRRORED STATUS and NATIVE STATUS). An automation in the Board 1 creates an item in Board 2 and an automation in Board 2 Sets the Native Status column to the same as the Mirror Status??

I can’t find any way of using the Mirrored status column in a recipe? When I am setting up the automation, and select (When Status Changes to…) then click on the Status to choose the column, only the native status columns are available to select? I don’t think you can select a mirror column in a recipe???
Neil

Hey Neil,

Spot on with your understanding of how the process works!

That said, this recipe is a template from the automations centre and not a custom automation (apologies for not specifying this from the start). This is how it looks in the automation center:

Can you test this one out? :pray: