Email to Board: Capture More Header Fields (To, CC, From, and Date) When Creating Items/Updates Via Email

Currently, when Monday captures an email using the Email to Board functionality (either capturing a new item or updating on an existing item), it only records the subject line and the body of the email. There is no way to see the following info:

To
CC
From
Date

The captured emails look like this in Monday:

The only header information we can see is the subject line.

Could Monday please start to capture more of the header fields for each email?

Hey Mike!

Would you be able to clarify the specific integration and recipe you’re using? I ask this, as if you’re logging these emails in the updates section, the aforementioned fields are captured:

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, Bianca! I updated the post to clarify-- this is for the Email to Board functionality: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005339645-Email-to-board

2 Likes

Hello! Any updates on this issue? I’m trying to do the same thing here.

1 Like

Were there any updates on this issue or is there a separate feature request filed anywhere else? We’re also finding that this is a requirement to make the “Email to board” feature functional for our uses, and I’m surprised to see that some of these features are still missing.

Some of this is achievable with third party apps or custom programming and webhooks, but without having access to the original email headers and only having access to the subject and body, it really limits what we can accomplish.

Hi all,

My sincerest apologies for missing these updates - thank you for your patience :pray:

Transparently, we do not have any concrete plans to further development this feature at this time. I hear where you’re coming from in regard to logging greater details via the email to board functionality and have shared this feedback with the relevant teams internally.

In an attempt to capture greater information from those header fields, would you consider instead using our email integration?

Thank you all in advance for your understanding!