Event registration system using Monday.com

I would like to use Monday.com as a registration system for our paid events. I need a unique variable symbol to be assigned to the participant after filling out the registration form. I need to automatically send this variable symbol to the user by email with the bank account number and instructions on how to pay.

How to achieve this?
Does anyone use a different payment method than bank transfer?

Hey Petr!

For the unique variable symbol, I would suggest using the Item ID Column to assign a unique ID number to each item created by the form.

For sending this to the user with the bank account number and instructions, I would use an email integration recipe and in the “email” recipe, you can select the columns you want included in the message. These column fields are dynamic and will specify the column/cell information per each item.

You could put the bank account numbers in a Numbers Column and instructions in an Update or Text Column.

What do you think about this idea? Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there! :blush:

Hi @petr :wave:

If you need the unique identifier to be customisable, you might find the ‘Auto ID’ app useful. Have a search for ‘Auto ID’ in the app marketplace and check out the capabilities!

Here if you need a monday.com chat! :slight_smile:
peta@upstreamtech.io

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

The field “ID Column” looks good, meets the max. length of 10 characters, which is exactly what I need.

I also tried the “Auto Number” field, which is better because it is possible to configure its format. Unfortunately, it seems that “Auto Number” cannot be included in the email. Or can it be used somehow in an email template?

I would also like to display a variable symbol after submitting the form on the “Thank you screen”. Any chance to display it there?

Thanks for the idea. I looked into the ‘Auto ID’ app, it looks usable, but unfortunately it’s a paid app, I’d rather use the options of Monday.com itself directly.