Exporting Images

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me on this request:

Our team is using Monday.com to undertake a huge furniture inventory exercise. We are using the Monday.com forms function to do surveys of each furniture piece in over 300,000 sq. ft of office space. We have found using the Monday.com forms function to be really efficient and we are really happy with this process. But the next step we need to take is to transform our data into a visual catalogue of all of our inventory.

My main objective is to be able to take my Monday.com table with all of the data (with images) and to be able to either produce (using online docs) or export all of that information. I need to take the information from my Monday.com table and detail it into a catalogue type format which includes all of the pictures we’ve imported into Monday.com

So far, I’ve found that using apps such as DocuGen or Document Exporter, I can export all of my table’s information into a word document, but the images are just sent as web links. I am hoping someone can help with the export of all of the information, including the actual image.

Hey @MIETLB!

If you just want to have an efficient way of exporting your data you can use the admin option to export all account data in a .zip file:

You will get all your images in a folder named “assets”.

Good luck!

Hey @Thomas-Omnitas,

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it.

I am trying to avoid manually inputting each individual jpeg with each row of data once its been exported. We currently have it set up in Monday as having each picture attached with each row of data. When I export it, I’d like to have it all exported, including the image (not just a URL).

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks!!

It makes total sence. Im sorry but I do not have a elegant solution for you.

Hi @MIETLB - My business partner Donald and I would love to chat with you and see if we can help. As part of a recent discussion with another client, Donald just did a proof of concept test involving extracting images from a monday․com Files column and inserting them into a dynamically generated PDF.

Probably the biggest challenge for your situation is that the image link we retrieve through the API is only good for 30 minutes. I’m sure we could figure out a solution for you.

Please schedule a time here for us to chat and I’ll make sure Donald is on the call with us to discuss what he learned in the recent POC exercise. Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Did Monday.com ever look into a better way of exporting images?

1 Like

I wish to ask for an update @monday-team here,. I also wish to export a board with the pictures…

1 Like

Same here. No update on this?

Would also love a way to do this… we need to be able to export images with our data somehow in an elegant solution.

Hi@MIETLB,

We’re Monday experts, and we’re thrilled to assist you with your furniture inventory challenge.

To transform your Monday.com table into a visual catalogue with images, we recommend exploring alternative export options.

One solution is to try the “Export to Excel” feature within Monday.com. Once exported, you can use Excel or other spreadsheet software to create a visual catalog, incorporating images alongside the relevant data. Additionally, consider using tools like Microsoft Word or Google Docs to manually arrange the data and insert images from the exported Excel file.

By Make.com platforms can automate workflows and potentially help transfer your Monday.com data, including images, to a document format of your choice.

Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions or need further guidance. We’re here to make your Monday experience even more efficient!

See the tutorial of some Monday automations we did here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7a9gULpu7pZ3OAwhxP_8i_zXia9nI-o-

See our blog here on Monday Automations:

https://www.msquare.pro/blog/categories/monday-com

Feel free to book a slot from Calendly to discuss the further steps:

Visit our website for more details:

If you need any implementation support kindly contact us

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Hi @MIETLB @Magnusb @Jappa and @chrisloop

this seems to be like quite an old thread, though I’d like to come up with a potential third party solution for this. With Board to Website Widget you can easily create such a catalogue including exported images and files as described.

In it’s current state there are two layouts to choose from, and you can either embed the published widget into an existing website or just share the link. We currently work on custom filters and the ability to publish widgets periodically with automations.

Find some demos on our website, showcasing the published and embedded widgets and their related original boards.

Let me know if this sounds promising.

– Markus

1 Like