Feature Requests / Improvement on Automated Updates

Hi There

We have implemented some automations to work on our newly generated online leads. It works quite well and we are almost perfectly happy with the solution we found. But there are three things we would like to improve or a bug to be fixed:

1. It would be very helpful if the automated updates could be edited
  2. It would be very helpful in some cases if the automated updates could be deleted
  3. Turning off the email notifications for automations doesn’t work (–> Bug?)

Looking forward to some insightful feedback or maybe even a fix? :slight_smile:

thx and greetings,
Pascal (a fan of monday.com) =)

1000 times this. I have a few automations set up to send updates based on the status. If I forget to select someone in a person column, the the update is missing a component. There’s no way to edit it to fix the missing info and no way to delete an update that was sent in error.

So I am stuck with bad updates on a ticket that don’t make sense.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, and we sincerely apologise for the delay in responding! We are aware of improvements to be made to automated updates, so will ensure this is shared internally. We did want to mention that it should be possible for the creator of the update/automation to delete it:

Additionally, if you have switched your email notifications off and are still receiving them, please reach out to our support team via support@monday.com so they can investigate :pray:

Hello Bianca,

I am currently strugling with Automates and their mention in the Updates.
As you can see, the deletion is unavailable though I am the owner of the board and creator of the Automates. The email address used is even mine (From field).

The only point I see here is that I am not administrator, but the Creator.

Is this correct or is there a gub or a setting that I don’t know?

Note: the new entry is done either via a Form or directly in the bord, this does not change anything on the Automate been addded to the Updates.

You are not the creator of the update. Monday Automations created the update. So in this case, only an admin can delete it.

Thanks for clarifying this for me! @Chester is correct here - given that the update is being created via form or directly from the board, unless you’re the creator of that update, you will not be able to delete the it. In this case, the admin would need to delete it. I apologise for the setback here!

I’d like to add on to this request and 2nd each of the three improvements requested:

1. It would be very helpful if the automated updates could be edited
  2. It would be very helpful in some cases if the automated updates could be deleted
  3. Turning off the email notifications for automations doesn’t work (–> Bug?)

Especially the DELETE option and allowing someone other than an admin to do that. Perhaps this can be embedded into permissions since it is currently ‘this is just how it is.’