Filter subtasks

I have a board with a list of projects on and subtasks underneath each one - these subtasks are assigned to various freelancers and I want to create a dashboard showing just those subtasks under the heading that belong to them. I just keep getting all of the lines back or nothing when I try?

1 Like

Hey @nicolawilson! Welcome to the community! Subitems aren’t supported in our filters yet (except for the board search function). You can check our subitems product plan for updates here.

So if I understand correctly, there is currently no way to be able to see JUST the subtasks of the various items on a board without opening the subitems on each item?
For example, all our items have the same set of subitems for each parent item. One of those is for the “engraving”. Is there any way to be able to see JUST the “engraving” subitems, even on another board or view, so I can see which ones are and are not completed?

Hey @fureverafter! If I understand your question correctly, you want to be able to open up one item’s list of subitems below it without opening up the list of subitems for every other item that has subitems? If so, this is absolutely possible! You won’t open up every item’s subitems when expanding the subitems of one item.

If this isn’t quite what you meant, can you send us an email at support@monday.com? We’d love to get this figured out with you!

no, that’s not what I’m meaning. I am wanting to be able to view/search specific subitems that are repeated on each item.
For instance, every single one of our items has a subitem named “certificate”.
Currently, the only way we can see all of the “certificate” subitems is to use “search everything”, which is not very effective, as we still can’t easily see WHICH item the subitem belongs to without opening every single search result. But there is also no way to sort the results either, which means scrolling past all the ones marked as “done” to find the ones that aren’t.

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me on this! Have you tried the search option within the board instead of “search everything”? The search option is located right next to the blue “New item” button.

Additionally, our team at support@monday.com can help you set up the ability to filter the board by subitems so you could apply a “certificate” filter and see all of the subitems with this name.

Would either of these options work better?

Still in development

https://view.monday.com/480751376-c22b2fe6c069076f55f20289b4d3f04f

1 Like

Hi there

“The ability to view the subitems in the advanced filter as well as the parent items.”

Can we please have an update regarding this please?

It was saying Q3.

Thank you