Formula in automation or a workaround

Friends, I have managed to make formula that knows when a number column is equal to the quantity of subitems. This is for insurance form submissions. When it’s a family policy relatives enter from Jotform via Integromat as subitems. The first form asks how many family members(it goes to the number colum) and so, well the formula tells me if all relatives have entered their forms. I´d like to make an automation that would move the item if subitems are complete(when formula column states “Complete”) to a process group and change it´s status. But I can’t use the forumla column in recipe. I can´t either use integromat because the “Complete” lebel in the formula column is not readable. Can you think of a workaround?
Thank you

@Dran

This can be done using Integromat. But, you will have count the number of subitems and do the comparison inside your scenario. Once you have read your item, the number of subitems for the item will be something like this:{{length(1.mappable_column_values.subitems.linkedPulseIds)}}

I have realized to the “less initiated” a picture probably works better:

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: Get Rid of Subitems

2 Likes

Hi Jim, I’ve been watching your youtubes, very helpful! Yes I found, as an un-initiated (yet) the post a bit obscure. I can’t understand it yet. Would it be much to ask for further clarification? :pray:

@Dran

Sorry about that… I assumed based on your reference to Integromat that you were familiar with it. As I know you are now aware, monday formulas values are not calculated or stored on the board. To use them in an Integromat scenario, the easiest way is to basically recreate the logic with Integromat formulas. When the formulas are complicated, it can sometimes be easier to use Google Sheets to do the calculations (as I showed in my last video: A Killer Combo: monday.com, Integromat & Google Sheets - Recurring Tasks Example - YouTube )

Again, going by your original post, the approach I would take in have an “automation” move your completed item would be to call a Integromat webhook scenario using one of the following integrations (depending on the specifics of your use case):

In the scenario, I would check that the item meets you completion criteria, counting the subitems, etc. as needed. Then, if it meets all the criteria, change the status and move the item to the new group.

Let me know if you need more help. Maybe we can set up a call.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: A Killer Combo: monday.com, Integromat & Google Sheets - Recurring Tasks Example

Hi Jim I have managed to use {{length(2.parsed_value.linkedPulseIds)}} successfully to read the number of subitems. Now. The problem is that the subitems will enter quiet asynchronously, maybe hours after parent item was created. So I need to check constantly if the subitems are equal to a number in a column of perent item. It will consume I suspect sooo many operations from monday. Listing many many items. Am I correct? I can’t use webhook because monday doesn’t read the “inkedPulseIds” column in the recipe for webhook.
Do i make sense?
Maybe if you have some free time could give me hand. Thankssss

@Dran

There are a number of different ways to approach it… it doesn’t need to use many operations. In fact, often one of the benefits of using Integromat is being able to reduce the number of operations used for a particular task.

For example, you could completely forgo webhooks and just have your scenario run once an hour during your workday. If I correctly understand your structure, each run would only require 1 Integromat operation to check for items that need to go through the process. Basically, you would read the board… most of the checking would be done in a filter, which does not count.