Formula's & Sharable Boards

Hi Everyone,

I’m building a sharable board to show my client, onboarding in Monday as a Guest, the status of tasks from two boards: International, then Domestic - both of which are not shared.

If client = x, create item in board C, link them there, add mirrored columns that we want to show the client.

However, guests cannot view these mirrored columns, so we are setting up Formula columns that simply grabs the data and places it in, it’s only a plain text but it’ll do the the job + update when the mirrored status updates.

We have a set of four similar columns from each board (Domestic and INTL) that we want to show in one Formula column in the sharable board. This will help clean up the board and avoid having ‘duplicated’ columns for the same info:

Domestic Board:
Vendor Name
Ship Date
etc

INTL Board:
Vendor Name
Ship Date
etc

I know how to combine data from two columns as a Formula, {column1name}&" "&{column2name}, but if data from board A is blank, and there’s data from board B, it generates text for the missing data from board A as “Add a vendor”.

#1 How do I remove the “Add a vendor”, and only populate one or the either (domestic or intl) vendor names in one Formula?

#2 Is there a better a way to share select data from other non-shared boards to Guests?

@robbietdm,

#1:

IF({column1name} <> "Add a vendor", {column1name} & " ", "") & IF({column2name} <> "Add a vendor", {column2name}, "")

OR

IF({column1name} <> "Add a vendor", {column1name}, IF({column2name} <> "Add a vendor", {column2name}, ""))

#2: Your way is probably the simplest.

Very easy, thank you for your help! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.