Formulas within dashboards

Please implement the ability to calculate %s on dashboard. It’s essential for reporting.

2 Likes

Just scrolled through this, as it’s what I just tried to do on our new CRM sales dashboard. First request for this 2019. And no movement for something so basic. It’s not coming people. But hey, something else for someone to read as they research for a way you might be able to do this.

Hi random searcher! Sorry. Lol.

Hi there!

If you have the craving need of displaying the result of math calculations and formulas visually in your dashboards – and you’re up for trying an app – I suggest you give Dashboard Hub a try, developed by my company.

It includes the Formula Cards gadget, which enables you to create math calculations on fields, and display the result in either an Icon Card (for numerical results) or a Donut Card a card (for percentage results).

In addition to that, Dashboard Hub empowers anyone in the team to easily create and share powerful dashboards with custom charts and nearly 100 metrics, regardless of technical skills.

Why don’t you try it out 14 days for free?

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

5 Likes

I support this request. The dashboards I have created are fantastic, but they lack meaning without two essential features. First, the ability to display numbers in percentages would greatly enhance the visual representation of data. Second, having widget formulas that can perform calculations and provide results would be immensely valuable for data analysis and insights.

Hi guys,

We are happy to announce that we’ve just released the auto-sync from boards feature for our Smart Spreadsheet!

It means that when you import your board to Smart Spreadsheet (as a Dashboard Widget or Board View), all the changes made to the board later are automatically pushed to the spreadsheet. So, your calculations and pivot tables are also updated.

Hope this improvement will make your experience with monday.com more pleasant and smooth.

Best regards,
Katerina Kovriga

Is this feature on any sort of roadmap yet? This ability seems a little too standard for reporting to not be included anywhere.

Couldn’t agree more. Now that we’re building out Dashboards in Monday.com, the formula widget is 100% essential. Would love to see this pushed forward on the roadmap.

Hi Community,

Thank you for your feedback! Our team read through your feedback and is considering developing the ability of having formula within dashboards. At the moment the team is researching different options to better understand the development requirements and if it is something we will be able to do in the near future.

Read more about what it means when a feature is under consideration here.

@Julietteb … This feature would be amazing. I would add a little more onto it if possible. The ability to use a formula in the totals column and allow that total to be used in the dashboard and widgets. See attached pic for an example.

Right now we have to create a separate group with separate columns with an an app integration and do a ton of manual input.

1 Like

My team recently implemented Monday.com and I’m shocked that formulas aren’t possible in dashboards. I hope the feature is approved for development soon!

Adding my comment in support of this feature. For reporting, having formulas within dashboards would be SO helpful.

Bump! This is an absolute must have and I shouldn’t have to pay extra for an app for something so basic!

1 Like

I agree this feature should be a part of monday.com, or else the value in capturing data in monday is not as high.

This feature has gone from “under consideration” to "long term roadmap roadmap."After reading through your comments, the dashboards team is now looking into developing this feature and is adding it to the long term roadmap. There is not yet a timeline for its release, but you can keep updated on all new updates by turning on notifications for this post.

Awaiting the development release. Just wanting to divide two numbers within a dashboard that I cannot acquire within a board.

I echo the call for this capability to be released as soon as possible, even in the numbers widget, the ability to ad a minus ie budget minus actuals = variance would be amazing

1 Like

Bump, would love this feature!

+1 for me also and our usecase

Hi there - this is incredibly important for Dashboards. Would love an update!

1 Like